{5}

Scott swallowed hard. He remembered that name. It gave him chills.

Evan Carmichael was the last person he would ever want to be reminded of. He uncapped his water bottle, downing almost half of it.

Why would Avi be asking?

"Uh, yeah," Scott answered quietly. "I know him.. Very well."

Avi nods, staring back down at Mitch. He carefully touched a hand to the tenors hair, softly rubbing it down. He treated Mitch as if he were glass.

"What was he like?" Avi spoke quietly. His voice was almost nothing as memories of seeing Mitch in the state that he was in came back to him. He had tears in his eyes from the picture in his mind. He couldn't believe someone would ever hurt such an angel.

Scott watched Avi. He stared at Mitch with such gentleness-- a way that only lovers would stare at each other. He seemed to treat Mitch like a porcelain doll, careful not to break him.

"He was.. a terrible guy," Scott began. "He was a bully. Hurt anyone he could get his hands on. He got around. Dated a lot of girls in our grade. And the pleasure that he couldn't get from the girls, well.. he got it from the guys. He was into both genders."

Avi let all of that information sink in. It all made so much since. "Did he ever try to hurt Mitch?"

Scott pondered on that question for just a moment. "I remember that he wanted to date Mitch.. But Mitch knew how he was. He wanted no part in Evan's life. It made Evan really mad. He told Mitch that he'd get revenge on him one day.."

Avi closed his eyes slowly, the images of Mitch from that night flashing through his mind. When his eyes reopened, they glistened with tears. He needed to tell Scott. But would Mitch be mad at him? He decided that he'd ask Mitch later-- he made a mental note to do that.

"Should I go put him in bed?" Avi asked, looking up at Scott.

Scott shrugged his shoulders. "He might sleep better that way."

Avi nodded his head, and put his arms under Mitch to carry him. He stood up slowly, making sure he wasn't going to drop Mitch.

He walked to the tenors room, and laid him down, pulling the covers on top of him. "Get some sleep, Mitchy." He kisses the smaller mans forehead, rubbing his cheek gently.

He walked to the door, but stopped when he heard Mitch stir a little. He turned around, and smiled as he saw Mitch snuggled against the covers. He continued out, meeting Scott back in the living room.

Mitch began to stir more, quietly whimpering in his sleep. Another nightmare was on the way-- Avi wasn't there to save him this time.

A/N: Hiii it's Katie. Here's a short little chapter for you guys.

~ Katie 🌱