{31}

A/N: Just letting you all know...you will all hate me by the end of this chapter.

(WARNING: mentions of abuse and rape)

Avi woke up with a slight pain his is head, groaning quietly. He rubbed at it, looking around his surroundings. He found himself in the hospital and laying down in a bed. He sat up, looking over to find Mitch fast asleep with Adira in his arms. Adira squealed happily when she saw that Avi was awake, causing Mitch to wake up himself.

"Oh, Avi," Mitch replied, smiling a bit. He stood up and walked over to Avi, handing him Adira. "You look great, hon."

"I feel great," Avi murmured, holding Adira's hand. The bass then looked up at Mitch seriously as he got out of the bed. "Mitch, I need to talk to the police."

"Why?" Mitch asked, trying to figure out what Avi did. "What did you do?"

Avi handed Adira back to Mitch, his green eyes full of sorrow. He kissed Mitch gently, brushing back the fringe. Avi sighed as he closed his eyes, revealing the truth.

"I killed Evan."

~~~

Mitch sat on one of the tears while feeding Adira her bottle of milk, an absent minded expression on his face. Avi was in there for a long time. Scott ran his hand down Mitch's back, looking at the time.

12:15 P.M.

"Mitch?" Scott asked, , looking at Mitch. The tenor nodded, the absent look still on his face. "If something were to happen to Avi, could I help you with Adira?"

"Of course," Mitch answered, looking at Scott. He took the bottle out of Adira's mouth and put a cloth on his shoulder, burping her gently. "I need you to if he-"

Mitch couldn't finish the sentence. He began to cry as he finished burping Adira. He held her close, trying to figure out what he would have to do if Avi was going to be in jail for a long time. Scott took Adira from him and put her in her baby carrier, hugging Mitch close to him. Mitch cried into his shoulder, his sobs quiet. The door opened and Avi came out, handcuffs on. Mitch covered his mouth with his hand as he cried harder, going up to hug him. The police officer sighed sympathetically as he held Avi's arm.

"I'm sorry, sir. I know that he did it for you and your baby, but since the victim did nothing to him personally, we have to arrest him."

"But he beat him up," Mitch spoke through his sobs. The police officer nodded sadly, wanting to hear why Mitch had to say. "He would never do that unless he really needed to and in this case he did and now he is-"

Mitch began to cry harder, shaking his head. Avi looked at the police officer, hoping to be let go. The officer nodded and let Avi hug and kiss Mitch. Avi hugged Mitch the best he could, kissing his forehead softly. Mitch held onto Avi like he was his lifeline, which he was.

"I don't want to get married until you get out," Mitch whispered, his cheeks wet with tears. Avi nodded, not wanting to let Mitch go. "I don't care if we are in our seventies when you get out. We're going to get married when you get out."

"Find someone else," Avi told Mitch, looking at him seriously. Mitch shook his head, refusing to do so. "Why? I might be in jail for a long time."

"So? You waited for me to love you so I'm going to wait for you to marry me. I'll wait for you."

~~~

Today was the day. Today, Mitch will find out how long Avi will stay in jail. Adira was now five months old, two whole months without Avi. Mitch straightened out his tie, his brown eyes full of exhaustion. He rarely slept because his nightmares came back without Avi by his side. Scott was there though and he made sure that everything was okay.

"Mitch?" Scott asked, Adira in his arms. Her brunette hair was up in a little ponytail and had a little bow in it. "Are you ready to go?"

Mitch looked over himself once more, making sure that nothing was out of place. He nodded, still looking at his reflection.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

~~~

"All rise."

Everybody rose, looking at the judge. After he sat down, everybody followed his actions. The police woman there cleared her throat and looked at the judge.

"Defendant, Avriel Kaplan. Plaintiff, the Carmichael Family."

Mitch covered his mouth when he saw Avi come in, wearing the suit that was supposed to be for their wedding. Avi's hair was a mess and his eyes looked empty. Mitch put his shoulder onto Scott's shoulder, whimpering quietly. The judge cleared his throat, looking at the Carmichaels.

"Let the Carmichaels speak first."

~~~

For almost two hours, Mitch had to listen the Carmicheals speak about how wonderful Evan was. They even said that Mitch was a threat to Evan and the reason why he was sexually assaulted him so many times was because of the clothes he wearing and how he acted towards him. Mitch wanted nothing more than to leave or scream at them, but he was forced to sit down.

"Mitchell Grassi, come to the stand."

Mitch obeyed, taking a deep breath. He sat down on the stand, swearing himself into the court. The Carmichael's lawyer walked up to him, smiling slightly.

"How long have you known Evan?"

"Junior year."

"What was your relationship with him?"

"Object-"

"No," Mitch interrupted, shaking his head. He took a deep breath, looking down at his lap. "He was my ex-boyfriend."

"What did Evan do to you?"

"He beat me up, raped me, every cruel thing you could think of. He made me scared of touch," Mitch answered, looking up at Avi. "The last time he raped me, he made me pregnant. That sounds ridiculous, but it's real. My daughter is by her uncle right now."

"Okay, got it. Why did you date Evan in the first place?"

"He went by Derek. I thought he was someone else, but when I realized who he was, I was too late. He was hurting me every time I was with him. He was cruel."

The lawyer nodded, looking over at the Carmichaels. He sighed once more, smirking at Mitch.

"Do you think Avi had every right to kill Evan?"

Mitch looked at everyone in the room, their stares burning into him. He locked eyes with Avi, refusing to look away. He nodded before he verbally answered.

"Yes."

Everyone began to talk about the answer until the judge quieted them down. The lawyer nodded, looking at Mitch intensely.

"Why is that?"

Mitch didn't look away from Avi. He smiled, his brown eyes sparkling with happiness.

"Because he did that to protect me and my family."

~~~

"Final verdict."

Mitch kissed Avi once more, by wanting to let go. Avi looked at him seriously, his green eyes full of love. They let go of each other, looking back at the judge. Scott smiled while he rocked Adira, smiling down at her. The judge nodded at the jury, waiting to here what they had to say. Someone stood up, clearing his throat. He gave the final verdict to the police officer, who gave it to the judge. Mitch closed his eyes, hoping for the best.

"The final verdict is..."

What Mitch heard caused him to cry. He shook his head, looking over at Avi. He stood up, hugging him close. He cried into Avi's suit, shaking his head.

*This can't be true, it just can't!*

It was though and there is nothing Mitch can do to fix it.

Nothing at all.

"Ten years with no parole. Case dismissed."

*Avi, no.*

A/N: Oops. Anyways, I hope that you all enjoyed the chapter and remember that I love you all.:)

-Maddie🐧🐧🐧