{24}

"Oh my gosh, Avi he's going to love it," Scott smiled. He looked at the box, beginning to feel very excited.

Avi smiled widely and nodded as he slipped the box into his sock drawer. He had begun to move his stuff over to Mitch's house.

Avi turned back around to Scott, his nerves suddenly settling in. "But.. do you think he'll say yes?" He asked nervously. He began to pull at his beard, which is what he did when he was nervous.

Scott walked up to Avi and set a hand on his shoulder. "Avi, he loves you. I've never seen him so happy in my life. Of course he'll say yes."

Avi hugged the baritone. He was happy that he had such reassuring friends. "Thanks, Scott," he said genuinely.

He pulled away from Scott, breathing deeply as he ran a hand through his hair. "I think I'm going to do it tonight."

"Do what tonight?" Mitch asked innocently as he walked into his and Avi's room. He had no idea what they were talking about, and something seemed reeeeally mysterious.

Avi walked over and kissed the tenor gently. "It' a surprise, dear."

~~~

Avi held Mitch's hand as they walked back into their home. Avi had taken Mitch out for the night.

They went to a movie and then out to dinner, then back home. Nothing too romantic or fancy. Avi felt a little bad-- seeings as this was a special occasion-- but Mitch reassured him that the small date was completely fine.

"Sit here on the couch," Avi said, helping Mitch down. "I'll be right back." He explained He turned and walked away from Mitch, his nerves getting the best of him.

He sighed as he looked at his shaky hands. "Calm down, Kaplan," he spoke to himself. "There's nothing to be nervous about."

~~~

Avi walked back out to Mitch, who already had Tim Burton movies playing on TV. Avi smiled at him lovingly, shaking his head.

The bass walked over and sat beside his boyfriend. Mitch looked over and giggled a little, seeing his love stare at him.

Avi took Mitch's hands gently, rubbing the backs of them with his thumbs. "I had a speech... but then I got really self conscious and ripped it up and threw it away."

Mitch rolled his eyes, but he smiled, sitting up from his laying position.

Avi sighed deeply. He got down on the floor, resting on one knee. He took the small box from his pocket, and opened it, revealing a diamond ring, because #GenderEquality.

He decided being blunt was his best shot.

"Mitchy, will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?"

[a/n: Did I make him propose too soon...? Sorry..
    ~ Katie 🦁 ]