{30}

Mitch walked back to his and Avi's bedroom. Avi was sleeping soundly, not even noticing that Mitch had gotten up.

Mitch let out a sigh, feeling bad that he had to wake up the sleeping beauty. He laid Adira beside Avi, and began shaking him gently. "Avi," he said. "Get up."

Avi groaned and rubbed his eyes as he stretched. "What's wrong?" He frowned when he saw Mitch's worried face.

"The police are here," Mitch stated. A worry feeling began to fill Avi's chest. He had a feeling that he knew why they were here. "They found a body on the side of the road, they want me to identify it... To see if it's Evan."

Avi nodded and turned to his side, giving his daughter a kiss on her forehead. He smiled a little when she let out a giggle.

The bass stood, grabbing a shirt lying on the floor and pulling it over his head to cover his body.

He picked Adira up from the bed and kissed Mitch quickly, walking out to the front door with him. He nodded to the police, shaking the officers hand.

"You can follow us in your own vehicle if you'd like," the officer stated. "We'll lead you to the scene."

~~~

The officer pulled up to the yellow caution tape and other officers. Avi stopped the car, the feeling in his chest only growing. This was all his fault.

But he couldn't have Evan hurting his loves. So it was the right thing to do. Besides, he hurt so many people while he was alive. So it was okay, right?

Mitch got out of the car, telling Avi to stay in with Adira.

"We believe it was a hit and run," the officer explained. "The body looks pretty bad." He led Mitch closer to the scene.

Mitch gasped when he saw the dead body, but felt nothing but happiness as he stared at a now dead Evan.

Evan was finally gone.

~~~

"Avi, they want you now," Mitch said, sitting back in his seat. The tenor couldn't wipe the smile off of his face. "They want you to confirm that it's him, too."

Avi nodded slowly, swallowing hard as he stood from the car. He walked over to the officer, not looking at the body yet.

He wasn't sure how much damage he had done to Evan. Enough that he was dead, but he wasn't aware of how bad the body looked.

The officer pointed Avi in the right direction, letting him look at the body.

Avi sucked in a sharp breath as his eyes welled with tears. He stumbled a little as he stared at the body. The way that the legs were bent in odd ways, and the bloody torso that was visible. The eyes that shouldn't be closed.

"Sir," the officer asked. "Are you alright?" His voice was muffled to Avi.

The bass began to stumble more, and he couldn't stop staring at the man he had killed.

"Avi," he heard Mitch shout from the car. "What's wrong?!"

Mitch gasped. "Avi!"

Avi's vision faded to black, and his body met the ground.

[a/n: I know, this chapter sucks, I'm sorry.
   ~ Katie 🦁 ]