{18}

Avi said a quick goodnight to Scott, and then climbed into bed with Mitch. He wrapped an arm around the tenors waist, pulling him close.

He places a kiss onto Mitch's head, letting him know that he was safe. "I'm so sorry, baby," he whispered.

Mitch just sighed a little in response, hugging up to Avi. He felt safe in the bass' arms. That would never change.

Avi laid his head on top of Mitch's gently, thinking about what Scott has said.

'The pills won't be effective until next week.' Which was true. 'You should have him checked.' He looked down at Mitch and frowned.

He just wanted his baby to be okay.

~~~

Mitch sat up in bed. He rubbed his eyes a little and looked around. Avi was no where to be seen.

He stood up out of bed, and walked out of his room. "Avi?" He called as he made his way down the hallway.

He turned the corner into the kitchen, and smiled when he saw Avi making breakfast. He took in a sniff of the air, and smiled more at the smell of pancakes.

Avi turned around and smiled at him. He laid down his spatula and walked over to Mitch. His arms wrapped around the smaller mans waist, and he kissed the tip of his nose.

"Good morning, honey," he says. "I'm making breakfast."

Avi turns and grabs Mitch's pill bottle, giving him that and water. Mitch sighed a little and took the pill.

Avi served up the breakfast, quickly checking his phone for a text from Kevin.

"So," he cleared his throat as he sat down. "I have to take you down for an appointment today."

Mitch looked up as he chewed slowly. He swallowed nervously. "Why's that?"

Avi drizzled syrup over his pancakes as he spoke. "The doctor said that the pills won't be effective until next week. But they've obviously taken effective quite earlier."

Mitch nodded as he looked down.

What was wrong with him?

~~~

Avi held Mitch's hand as the doctor left their room. Mitch was put through more tests, as they tried to determine what was wrong.

"It's probably nothing, honey," Avi reassured. Although, Mitch didn't feel too reassured.

A few minutes later, the doctor came back in, closing the door behind her quietly. She sat in her seat as Avi held Mitch's hand tighter.

"Mitch, Avi.."

[a/n: Maddie writes amazing chapters and then I'm just over here giving y'all crap.
  ~ Katie 🦁 ]