{Epilogue}

*10 Years Later*

Mitch smiled happily as he made his way into the jail. Avi was finally going to be released. Today was the day.

Mitch hadn't visited him in the last month, so he didn't really know if Avi had changed a lot over that short time span.

Adira skipped along beside him, her curly hair bouncing as she giggled happily. Her daddy would finally be with them again. Their family would he complete.

"Mommy?" The ten year old asked. "Is daddy always sad like he was every time we came to see him?" She hadn't, obviously, spent a lot of time with her dad. Every time she saw him, he always seemed sad.

Mitch smiled down at his daughter as he walked inside the jail. "No. He's one of the happiest people I know."

Mitch had seen Avi change in these past ten years. How he slowly became quieter, and how he hardly ever talked when he and Adira came for visits. It began to worry Mitch, but he knew Avi was a strong person.

Mitch smiled politely at the officer, who was normally there when the 33 year old and his daughter came to visit.

"I'm here to pick up Avriel Kaplan."

~~~

Mitch sighed happily as tears began to fill his eyes. He stared at his now 36 year old fiancé. Those green eyes seemed hallow, distant. But the bass smiled at his fiancé nonetheless.

The tenor ran to him, hiding his face in Avi's chest as he cried. "Avi," he choked out. "I missed you so much."

Avi rubbed his back, smiling just a little as he kissed Mitch's head. Mitch finally let go, and Avi met his lips for a passionate kiss.

When they finally pulled apart, Avi looked down to his daughter, who was standing behind Mitch.

"Adira," he whispered. He only seemed to ever speak in a whisper, or with a quiet voice now. "My beautiful baby girl.. Come here."

The little girl smiled, running to her father. Avi picked her up, burying his face in her hair as he cried and continuously kissed her hair.

"My beautiful baby girl.."

~~~

Avi wouldn't tell Mitch that he sang himself Light In The Hallway every night, in order for him to go to sleep. He wouldn't tell him of all the nightmares he had while he was in that jail. He wouldn't tell him that he finally knew how Mitch felt when Evan had done all those things to him.

Avi laid next to his fiancé, who would soon become his husband in the next few days. He went to sleep easily this time, but the nightmares were still there.

"Avi," Mitch shook the bass gently, trying to wake him up. It wasn't working, and Mitch didn't know what to do.

Avi began to cry, practically yelling out for help. Mitch held onto him sadly, and began to sing softly in his ear.

Avi listened to the soft voice, realizing it wasn't in the dream. Someone was actually doing that. His eyes opened slowly, revealing Mitch hugging onto him.

"Oh god," he whimepered quietly.

"Shh, shh... I'm here."

~~~

"Daddy!" Adira smiled as she skipped into her fathers dressing room. She ran up to the man in the suit, pulling on his large hand.

"Mommy says I look pretty. Is he right?" She giggled as she turned m, making her dress sway with her. She held the basket of flowers in her hand.

Avi looked down from fixing his tie and smiled lovingly at his grey eyed daughter. "You look absolutely lovely baby girl," he quietly spoke.

"Avi, it's time," Kirstie smiled as she opened the door. Adira ran over to her aunt, taking her hand quickly.

Avi let out a deep breath.

"It's finally happening."

~~~

"I, Mitchell Grassi, give to you Avriel Kaplan, this ring, as a symbol of my commitment to love, honor, and respect you." Mitch spoke as he smiled, and he slid the ring onto Avi's finger.

Avi turned around to Kevin, taking Mitch's ring.

"I, Avriel Kaplan, give to you Mitchell Grassi, this ring, as a symbol of my commitment to love, honor, and respect you." Avi whispered this, his cheeks growing red at the sight of people giving him weird looks. He slid the ring onto Mitch finger, smiling up at him.

The priest smiled at the loving couple, and sighed as he said the next words.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Mr. and Mx. Avriel and Mitchell Kaplan." Everyone cheered, and the priest looked to the men. "You may now kiss your groom."

Mitch sighed contently as her put his hands to Avi's face. Avi smiled and wrapped his arms around Mitch, his hands resting on the small of his back.

Mitch pressed his lips against Avi's. Avi breathed quickly, Mitch's kiss intoxicatingly calming.

Mitch pulled away, only for a second to tell Avi; "God, I love you so much."

Avi smiled as he rested his temple against Mitch's.

Avi spoke in his, now normal, quiet voice.

"I love you way more."

[a/n: I'm so sad to see that it's over. But Maddie and I had a great time writing. It was a pleasure to work with her(AltoPentaholic ) I hope you all enjoyed this story as much as we did. Thank you so much.
~ Katie 🦁 ]