{27}

Mitch woke up, rubbing his eyes. His stomach hurt a bit, but all that matters is that Adira is alive. She is so tiny. Mitch wanted nothing more than to hold her and keep her safe. He smiled when Avi and Scott came in the room. He sat up carefully, not wanting to hurt himself.

"Is she okay?" Mitch asked, sitting up carefully. Avi nodded as Scott smiled. "Isn't she beautiful?"

"Gorgeous," Avi replied, walking up to Mitch carefully. He sighed as he sat down, holding Mitch's hand gently. "Babe, there is something you need ro know. It's about Adira."

"What is it?" Mitch asked softly, looking at Scott. The tall blond looks sad. "Is she okay?"

"Yeah, she is," Avi reassured quickly. He took a deep breath, not wanting Mitch to freak out. "It's her eyes."

"What's the matter with them?" Mitch asked, his voice shaking. "Avi, tell me. Please. What's the matter with my baby?"

Avi tried to answer, but he couldn't even speak. He looked to Scott, hoping he will answer. Scott nodded, taking a shuddery breath before answering.

"Adira has Evan's eyes."

~~~

Mitch was pushed into the N.I.C.U to see Adira. He stuck his finger in the incubator and smiled when Adira grabbed his finger. The nurse left the dad and daughter alone, giving them time by themselves. Mitch took a shuddery breath as he looked at his daughter. Her eyes are closed, only making Mitch want to see them more.

"My beautiful little baby," Mitch whispered, wanting to brush his hand through her dark brown hair. "I love you so much. You are so, so beautiful. I will never let anyone hurt you. If I do, then I will do anything to make you better.

"Your father Evan won't be there, but your dad Avi will. Yes, Avi is not your dad by blood, but he will be here for everything. He will see you grow, he will help you, he will give you advice, he will love you. He loves you so much already.

"You are my whole world, honey. You are my sunshine. You were made in the worst way possible, but you came into this world with love and compassion. I will not let the fact that your father hurt me and made me pregnant with you ruin the relationship that I will have with you. You are my blessing of this world.

"I love you, Adira Michelle Kaplan."

Mitch smiled as he looked at his daughter. He gasped quietly as she fluttered her eyes open. The blue-grey eyes looked up at Mitch innocently and she cooed quietly. Mitch looked at her eyes and did the first thing that he could do.

He began to cry.

~~~

Avi waited patiently for Mitch to come back. Scott had to leave because visiting hours are over. He wanted to stay, but the doctor told him no and promised that he will be the first person to see Adira tomorrow besides the parents. Scott left in no time.

Avi sighed as time passed by. 8 turned to 9, 9 turned to 10, and when 10 turned to 11, he stood up. He walked to the N.I.C.U, hoping to see Mitch. A nurse stood by one of the rooms and she stopped him.

"Mitchell is in there. He's crying," they nurse informed him, opening the door. Avi widened his eyes. "You could check him. Just be quiet. Babies are asleep."

Avi nodded as he walked into the room. Sure enough, Mitch was there. His body shook with sobs and Avi walked up carefully, wanting to make sure that he was okay. He rubbed Mitch's back gently, looking at Adira.

*Her eyes.*

"Mitch?" Avi asked gently. Mitch nodded, not looking up at Avi. "Babe, are you okay? Did you take your medicine?"

Mitch laughed as he nodded his head. He wiped his eyes as he looked up at Avi, clearing his throat.

"You and Scott lied."

Avi raised an eyebrow, confused by Mitch's choice of words. What in the world does he mean?

"What do you mean?"

"By Justin Bieber. What I mean is that Evan's eyes are cold and manipulative. They scare you. Adira's eyes are warm and kind. They accept you and see past your flaws. Just like your eyes."

~~~

Mitch had to leave the hospital, but there is no way he wants to leave his daughter. She's only a few days old and was born three months too early. He rubbed his stomach, the new scar making his stomach seem like it was bumpy. He looked around the room, wondering if he forgot something. He walked out of the room, without Adira in his arms. Scott smiled sadly as he took of one Mitch's bag, causing the tenor to smile. Avi put his arm around Mitch and the three of them were about to leave when Mitch suddenly gasped. Avi looked at him quickly and Scott stopped, ready to do something if Mitch got hurt or was about to have a panic attack.

"I need something," Mitch whispered, looking back at the hospital. Avi looked too and nodded, ready to retrieve it.

"What do you need, love? Do you want me to get it?" Avi asked, getting ready to go into the hospital. "Do you know where it is? I could get it."

"You can't get it. None of us can get it."

"What is it then, honey?"

Mitch looked at the ground, his brown eyes full of tears. He breathed heavily, letting the tears run down his cheeks. He looked up at Avi, his lip quivering.

"I need Adira."

~~~

Avi walked into Adira's room and sighed quietly. He picked up the little naked cat toy he got for Adira and sat in the rocking chair Scott got for the couple. Avi rocked in it gently, wanting nothing more than to hold Adira. He let a tear run down his cheek as he looked around the room, adoring that Scott got glow-in-the-dark stars. He didn't even notice that someone came into the room until they walked up to the crib silently. Avi stood up and put his hand on the person's back. It was Mitch. The younger man looked up at Avi and looked back down at the crib, smiling sadly.

"I'm happy she's here, but I want her here at home," Mitch whispered, laughing a bit. "She's so tiny, Avi. I've seen the diapers for premature babies. They're so tiny. I have to get little onesies so she won't get cold in the hospital.

"I would wait three more months so that we could hold her without worrying about her getting taken away from us. I don't want her to get all these illnesses just because she was born early. I will still love her despite any disabilities or illnesses she has or will get, but I have to think about that constantly. She can't even be held until she is normal weight. Avi, I need her now."

Mitch cried quietly, putting his head on Avi's chest. Avi began to cry himself as he held Mitch tightly, rubbing his back gently. They stayed in each other's arms, wanting nothing more than for Adira to come home safe, sound, and healthy.

A/N: I'm so sorry about this chapter.:( Katie is an amazing writer so give her some loving! She deserves it.:3 Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed the chapter and remember that I love you all very much.:)

-Maddie🐧🐧🐧