{26}

Avi held the little baby in his arms. She was small, weighing in at 2 pounds. He felt tears fall from his eyes as he rocked her in his arms gently, waiting for Mitch to be ready to hold her.

"Avi," Mitch asked quietly. Avi looked down, smiling as he saw Mitch hold his arms out for his little girl. He walked over and set the small child in Mitch's arms.

Avi knelt down beside the bed, his hand rubbing Mitch's arm softly. "She's so beautiful," he whispered. He wiped the tears from his eyes, and then reached up to wipe away at Mitch's tears as well.

Mitch smiled as he cried, looking down at his baby. "Avi, she's so beautiful," he let more tears fall from his eyes.

Avi stood, leaning over and stroking the tiny child's cheek with his finger softly. "God, she's precious," he said. He looked up as the doctors came over, taking Adira and leaving the room.

Avi leaned down and kissed Mitch's forehead. "I think she looks like you, honey."

Mitch pulled Avi down onto the hospital bed with him, nuzzling his face into Avi's neck. Avi wrapped his arms around the tenor, pulling him close. He seemed to be shaking.

Avi looked down at him, smiling as he saw Mitch's closed eyes. He kissed Mitch's forehead one more time, before getting up from the bed and pulling a chair close.

He held Mitch's hand, and began singing to him softly, trying to make him fall asleep.

~~~

Scott walked into the hospital room, smiling softly when Avi looked up at him. "He's asleep?" He asked, sitting down beside Avi.

Avi nodded and smiled back, looking at Mitch sleep peacefully. "Scott, Adira... She's so beautiful. She looks like Mitch."

Scott smiled wider, but his smile fades a little as he remembers something. "Have you seen her eyes yet? Has she opened them?"

Avi shook his head, looking to Scott as he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "No, why? Is there something I should know.."

"Evan's eyes were blue. They were on the darker blue grey side though. Something unique and unusual," Scott explained quietly.

~~~

A nurse walked into the room, stopping when she saw that Mitch was asleep. "Oh, he's asleep." She turned to Avi and Scott, offering them a sweet smile.

"Would you like to see her?" She asked Avi. The bass smiled widely, and turned to Scott, patting his knee for him to come.

They stood and followed the small nurse to the nursery. She led them to a small incubator in the back of the room, where Adira was attached to some things.

"You can play with her," the nurse commented. She pointed to the holes big enough for hands to fit through.

Avi nodded a thanks to her, gasping softly as he looked down at his baby girl. "Oh, my god," he breathed. His hands found their way into the openings, and he moved his finger into Adira's small hand.

Her hand was cold. "Scott, look at her," Avi said as tears fell from his eyes.

Scott smiled gently, feeling tears well in his eyes. His niece was finally here. "How much does she weigh?" He ask softly.

"She was only two pounds," Avi whispered, rubbing the baby's arm lovingly with his finger.

Adira moved around a little, whining quietly as her eyes split open a little. Avi drawed in a sharp breath.

"What is it?" Scott asked.

"Evan... She has Evan's eyes.."

[a/n: This was most likely so unrealistic. Haha sorry.
    ~ Katie 🦁 ]