Chapter 7; Ever Heard Of Personal Space?

"All the stories are true."

~ Cassandra Clare, The Mortal Instruments

-

Third Person's P.O.V

-

    "Take me back home, now."
    The male had the nerve to chuckle. "You're in no place to make demands."
    "Says the defenceless one a blade against his neck."
    "Oh really?" He flashed the girl a knowing smirk.
    "Yes really."

    In a flash, Alice was the one being pinned to the tree, a knife held against her throat by the very person who she had just threatened.

    "Who's the defenceless one now?"

    She cursed under her breath.

    "Give up yet?" asked Peter, leaning closer to Alice, his mouth a hair's breath away from hers.
    "You wish," said Alice as she kicked him off her.
    The girl ran once he was off her, only turning around a few minutes later to see that the male had disappeared into thin air.

    That's not a good sign, thought Alice, eyes darting around her surroundings nervously.
    She slowly walked backwards, keeping a look out for Peter. Suddenly, she was face to face with him —or face to chest, because of their difference in height— and he placed his arms around her, teleporting them back to his treehouse.

    The next thing she knew, she was lying on a bed with Peter next to her.

   "It's late, Alice. Go to sleep," said Peter as he climbed under the covers.

    "Sure, just not with you," replied Alice, shaking her head.
    She hopped off the bed and sat on the couch, which was next to the glass windows.
    "There seems to be something wrong with bed," said Peter, looking at where Alice was seated. "You're not in it."

    "Bummer, I don't think that's gonna be fixed anytime soon, "said Alice, crossing her arms.
    "Come here," said Peter, curling his index finger slowly.
    "Hmm," said Alice, tapping her finger on her chin, pretending to think about it. "How bout' no?"
    The male shrugged. "Suit yourself. Just don't come crying to me when you feel sore in the morning."

    Alice glared daggers into the back of the his head. She wanted nothing more than to escape again, but it had been a long day and exhaustion was slowly overtaking her tried body.

    I'll try my luck tomorrow.

    With that thought in mind, Alice closed her eyes. She went out like a light.

****

    Alice woke up to the feeling of cold metal on her cheek. She opened her eyes to find that she had slept with her cheek pressed against the window frame and boy was it cold. Alice stood up, joints cracking as she did so. The brunette suppressed a groan as she worked out the kinks in her neck.

    Ugh, that smug ass was right, she winced. Speaking of the devil. . .

    Alice glanced over her shoulder to see that the male was still asleep. He slept with his back to her.

    It's now or never, thought Alice as she slowly inched her way towards the door.

   Things were going well until she heard him clear their throat.

    "And where do you think you're going?"

    Alice froze with her hand on the doorknob. She slowly turned around to face him.