Chapter 12; Archery Practice & Hide And Seek

"A child sees the infinite potential that life is, not because the child is ignorant, but because the child is free from a conditioned view."

~ Jungblom Patrik

-

Peter's P.O.V (a few hours before)

-

    I hear Alice's melodious laughter from afar. I wonder what direction it's coming from as I do not see her with the other Lost Boys. I scan the area for Cassie, thinking that she'd be with him as she has taken a liking to the young boy. But to my disappointment, she isn't with him.

    The laughter soon gets louder and I can finally pinpoint where it's coming from. I cran my neck towards the sound, wondering what she's laughing about when I spot an odd figure coming out from behind the bushes. It's Alice, sitting on Ray's back. Ray says something to Alice and she hops off him. My blood boils as I see Alice kiss him on the cheek.

    I narrow my eyes at Ray. After a few seconds, he looks in my direction and notices the death glare that I'm sending him. He swallows nervously at the sight if me.
    Good. He should be afraid.
    Alice is mine and he needs to know that.

****

    "You seem to have gotten very close to Ray," I say to Alice.
    "We're just friends," says Alice, looking towards Ray's direction.

    She is silent but that doesn't fool me, I know that she's trying not to talk back to me.

      "Alice, remember how I told you that the reason why you're here is because you're lost and unloved?" I ask.
    "Yes," she replies, turning to face me.
    "And remember how you asked me to prove it?"
    "Yes?" she replies again, slower this time.

    "I can prove it," I say.
      "How?" Alice asks.
    "With this," I answer, taking my flute out of my pocket. "only lost childen can hear its music."
    Alice squints at it for a few seconds then realisation washes over her.
    "A flute?" she asks, furrowing her eyebrows in the cute way she always does when she's confused.

      "There's more to it than meets the eye." I say.
    "How so?" she asks.
    "I'll show you," I reply, putting the flute to my lips.
    I blow the first few notes to the song and watch as Alice goes under the flute's spell.
    "You can hear its music, can't you, Alice?" I ask, smirking.

      "Yeah!" she replies enthusiastically.
    My smirk widens —if that's even possible— when she says that. Alice gets up and starts dancing around the bonfire with Ray, whom was already under the flute's spell. One by one, the other Lost Boys join the two of them until Felix and I are the only ones left.

    "I told you that I'd get her," I say to Felix, whom was seated next to me.
    "I never had a shadow of a doubt," replies Felix, grinning.
    "I know," I say, smirking as I look at him.
    "After all..." I say, trailing off, knowing that he'd finish my sentence.
    "Peter Pan never fails," finishes Felix, smirking.

****

    After awhile, I notice that Alice has to strain herself to catch up with the Lost Boys' dancing.
    "Come on, Alice," I say, walking towards her. "It's time for bed."
    She yawns as I pick her up and carry her towards her tent, bridal style.
    "I told you that you were a Lost Girl," I say, smirking. "My Lost Girl."

      She then rubs her head against my neck as I tighten my grip on her petite frame. I duck under the eave of the tent as I walk inside, headed for Alice's bed. I place her onto the bed and pull the covers up to her shoulder. She looks so innocent and helpless when she's asleep, less... Feisty.