Chapter 13; Take A Left Turn To Neverland's Waterfalls

"It's harder to fall asleep at night when you miss someone."

~ Unknown

-

Alice's P.O.V

-

    I can't sleep. I toss and turn on my bed, which only succeeds in making me more awake. I should be sleeping, but I can't seem to, no matter how hard I try. I'm too busy worrying about Will and Lewis, they must have noticed that I'm missing by now. Peter thinks that the reason why I haven't been trying to escape or fight back is due to me accepting my fate and that I'm stuck here for good.

    But he's wrong. I haven't accepted anything, I'm just biding my time until an opportunity shows itself. I've never been away from Lewis and Will for this long before. The longest I've stayed away from the both of them is a few hours. I miss the two dufuses. I hope they're okay. I plan on asking —no, I plan on demanding— Peter to let me see Will and Lewis tomorrow.

    And with the comforting thought, I close my eyes and fall asleep.

****

    I wake up a few hours before dawn the next morning. Yawning, I throw the covers off myself and make my way over to the dresser. I look at myself in the mirror and realise that I haven't showered in quite some time. I shudder as realise how disgusting that is. I grab the nearest pair of clothes, and with a new outfit in my hand, I head towards the tent's entrance to look for Peter.

    Fortunately —or unfortunately, in my case— it doesn't take me long to find him as we collide into each other the second I walk out the tent. We both to fall onto the ground with a thud. Peter is the first one to recover, he stands up and wipes the dust off his trousers.
   "Are you alright, Alice?" Peter asks, extending his hand towards me.

    "I'm fine," I say, gratefully accepting his help. "I was just looking for you."
    "Oh. Well, what can I do for you, Alice?" he asks.
    "I want to see my friends," I say.
    "No. That is out of the question," Peter says, firmly.
    "Please," I beg. "I just need to know if they're alright."

      Peter sighs and runs his hand through his hair. "Fine. I'll let you see them tonight. Now, is there anything else you need?"
    "Yeah. I was just wondering if there was any place I could go to take a bath," I say. "I haven't showered in three days and I could really go for a bath."

      "I'll have one of my Lost boys take you to the cave after our training," he says.
    "Don't worry, I'll have someone I trust take you there," Peter assures me when he sees my nervous expression.
    "Okay," I reply. "If you say so..."

****

    "Really?" I ask, shaking my head. "Of all the people you could've chosen, you chose Felix?"
      "Why? What's wrong with Felix?" Peter asks, sheathing the swords.
    I sigh, wiping the perspiration off my forehead. "Couldn't you have chosen Ray instead?" I ask.
    "No, Felix is the only person I trust to look after you," he explains.

      I groan as the said boy approaches us.
    "Come on, the cave's this way," says Felix, nodding towards the path, his mace slung over his shoulder.
    Sighing, I follow the blonde boy down the path, holding clean clothes in my free hand.
    "So... How long have you been on Neverland?" I ask him, breaking the awkward silence between us.

      "A couple hundred years," Felix replies monotonously.
    I stop in my tracks, trying to process what he just said.
    "Time stands still in Neverland," Felix says over his shoulder.
    "Yeah," I reply. "So I hear..."