Chapter 23; A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

"Don't kiss me if you're afraid of thunder. My life is a storm."

~ Antia Krizzan

-

Peter's P.O.V

-

    I wake up before Alice does. Till today, I cannot understand or explain how we always manage to be in this position every morning. I'm currently seated up on the bed with my arms wrapped around her, her hands on my bare chest. I take this time to think about our game. As far as I'm concerned, neither one of us is winning. Maybe I can use my magic help me.

    Everything is still and silent until Alice starts stirring mumbling in her sleep. Her breathing picks up and she grips my forearm.
    I cock my head to the side. Curious. What is she dreaming about? It takes me a few seconds to realise that she's repeatedly calling someone's name.
    "Peter," she whispers.

    I furrow my eyebrows. Me? She's— She's dreaming about me? Hmm. I can use that to my advantage. Perhaps I'll enter her dreams. Yes, I think I might just do that to alter them. It'll help me win The Game. This should be interesting.
    "Watch out, Alice," I whisper, caressing her cheek. "You're in for a pleasant surprise."
    I wave my hand over her and enter her dream...

    In the dream Alice is in her rose garden. She sticks out like a sore thumb in her white dress. Like she's a daisy in the middle of the field of red roses.
    "Hello, Peter," she says, smiling.
    "Hello, love," I say, walking towards her.
    "Lovely weather today, do you think?" Alice says, looking up at the heavens.

    "Yes," I say, keeping my gaze locked on her. "Lovely."
    "A perfect day for a—"

    I cut her off by cupping her cheek in my hand, causing her breath to hitch.
    Her eyes widen. "Peter, what are you
   "Shh," I interrupt, caressing her cheek. "Just try to relax."

-

Third Person's P.O.V

-

    "Just try to relax," Peter whispers, his breath hitting Alice's lips.
    He runs his hand down her jaw line, slowly and gently, as if she were a china cup and he was afraid that she would break. He slowly tilts her face up and gently presses his lips to her warm ones. A wave of emotions washes over her as their lips make contact. Alice doesn't hesitate to kiss him back.

    She feels the butterflies in her stomach go crazy as Peter deepens the kiss. He suddenly pulls away, leaving her completely speechless. He opens his mouth to say something but the words that come out of his mouth don't match what he's trying to say.
    "Alice! Wake up!"

    Alice bolts up and hit something hard.
    "Ow!"
    She looks to my left and see Peter, rubbing his forehead.
    "Why'd you wake me up?" she asks, rubbing her temple.
    "You were calling out in your sleep," he tells her.

    Alice's cheeks turn a shade of crimson. "D-Did you hear what I said?"
    "No," Peter replies, shaking his head.
    Alice silently thanks God for that.
    "I'm gonna change up, I'll meet you in the forest for our training in half an hour," he says, his voice bringing her back to reality.

    Alice nods as he pads out the door. She brings her fingertips to her lips, the remnants of what his touch was like lingering. She can't believe that she dreamt that she was kissing Peter. And the worst thing is she liked it. She liked it and she wanted more. It's so addictive. Before Alice could let herself indulge in the idea, a picture of Lewis and Will flashes in her mind, efficiently stopping her dangerous train of thought.