Chapter 45; Truth Or Dare

"I like people too much or not at all. I've got to go down deep, fall into people, to really know them."

~Sylvia Path

-

Peter's P.O.V

-

    I ruffle Alice's hair. "I'll see you later."
    "But you just got back!" Alice protests, resheathing her sword. "And I need someone to practice with."
    "I've got to run an errand," I say.
    "Another one?"
    "It's a big island," I say. "It can't matain itself."
    "Can't you have someone else do it? Like Felix?"

    "He's busy training the Lost Boys, and he doesn't have magic like I do, remember?" I say.
    "I'll make it up to you later."
    "Alright."
    "Good," I say, pecking her on the lips. "Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone."
    "Define "stupid"," Alice says, using quotation marks at the word "stupid".

    "Well, don't run off on your own without telling anyone," I say.
    "I wouldn't dream of it."
    I roll my eyes. "Sure."
    "Don't roll your eyes at me, young man," Alice chids, crossing her arms
    "Young man? I'm a few centuries older than you."
    "Well, you don't age in Neverland so that doesn't count," she retorts, playfully sticking her tounge out.

    "And I thought you were the mature one. So much for acting your age," I mutter.
    Alice scoffs. "Really, Mr I-am-a-few-centuries-old? If you were to act your age, you'd die."
    "Touché."
    "Don't you have somewhere to be?"
    "What? Trying to get rid of me?"
    "So what if I am?"

    "But I thought you loved me!" I say, placing my hand on my chest as I give her a mock-hurt look.
    Alice rolls her eyes. "You wish. Better get back before I replace you with someone else."
    My face scrunches up at the offending notion. "You could never replace me."
    She raises an eyebrow. "You sure about that? Cause there are many boys on the island."

    Ray, I clench my fists. She's talking about Ray.
    "Aww, are you jealous?" she asks, poking me in the cheek.
    "What? No."
    "You are!" she exclaims. "Look, you're blushing!"
    My eyes widen and I use my magic to make a mirror appear in my hand. I peer into the mirror and see my own reflection staring back at me.

    Frowning, I send it back. "I am not!"
    Alice grins cheekily. "Well, you fell for it, didn't you?"
    "You lied to me," I state, wrapping my arms around her waist.
    "Naughty girl, I ought to punish you."
    She rolls her eyes. "What are you gonna do?" she taunts. "Have Felix babysit me again?"
    "I was thinking more of locking the library doors."

    She gasps. "You wouldn't!"
    "Not so tough now, are ya?"
    She shakes her hands like she's planning on strangling me. "Do you want me to freaking murder you?"
    "Can't reach my neck," I point out.
    She narrows her eyes at me. "Why I outta—"
    "—gotta go," I say. "See you later, love."

    I teleport out of the training grounds before she attempts to actually strangle me. I reappear in the middle of the jungle, in front of Rumpelstiltskin. I watch at he holds his arms out in front of him, concentrating on what he's doing.
    "You can't see the future here," I tell him, making my presence known.
    He looks up, startled.

    "It's impossible to see the future in a place where time stands still," I say matter-of-factly.
    "I may not see the future, but I can make one happen."
    "Was that a threat?" I scoff. "And here I made you your favorite breakfast."
    "Eggs in a basket." I say, pointing at the eggs cooking over the an open fire. "I thought you could use it. You seemed a bit down in the dumps."