Chapter 8; New Allies & Dangerous Enemies

"We don't meet people by accident, they are meant to cross our paths for a reason..."

~ Unknown

-

Third Person's P.O.V

-

"So you guys are basically like the male versions of Artemis hunters?" asked Alice.
"Who's Artemis?" asked Peter, furrowing his eyebrows.
"Never mind." muttered Alice.
Peter shook his head and turned to face the Lost Boys. "Boys, introduce yourself."

The two boys seated near Alice stood up. They looked to be around ten or eleven years old. The boy on the left had short, wavy honey blonde hair and dark green eyes. The boy on the right had long, chestnut brown hair and blue eyes.

"I'm Isaac," said the boy on the left.
"I'm Asa," said the boy next to him.
"We're twins," chorused the two boys.

The boy who was seated beside the twins then stood up. He had curly, raven black hair and piercing sky blue eyes. His lips curled into a smirk as he gave her a once over, and Alice grimaced when his eyes lingered not on her face, but a few inches below.
"I'm Andrew," said the boy, winking flirtatiously at her.

She wasn't sure if she wanted to knee him down south or slap the grin off his smug face.

"I'm Dashiell," said a brunette with soft brown eyes. "welcome to Neverland."

"I'm Jonathan," said another boy.

"And you already know Felix," said Peter, gesturing to the cloaked figure holding a mace.

Felix looked up and nodded his head once in greeting.

"He's my head lost boy. He's in charge when I'm not around." explained Peter.

One by one, the boys introduced themselves to Alice. She concluded that the youngest boys were no older than ten or eleven years old -the twins- and that the eldest boys, whom were Peter and Felix, were eighteen.

****

"Catch." said Peter, tossing Alice an apple.
"What's this for?" asked Alice, catching the apple mid-air.
"It's just a little game I like to play. I call it target practice." said Peter, smirking as he revealed a wooden crossbow.

"Here, Pan." said Andrew, handing Peter a small bottle of black liquid.
"What's that?" asked Alice, peering at the strange liquid.
"Dreamshade. It's a nasty poison." answered Peter, blowing at the tip of the arrow.
"If you're shooting at the apple then what's the poison for?" asked Alice, suspicion was obvious in her voice.

"Motivation not to miss." replied the brunette, plainly as he pulled the string back into place.
"Felix," said Peter, loading the arrow in the crossbow. "Get over 'ere."
"Is Felix's aim good?" asked Alice, eyeing the tall boy who was approaching them.

"Doesn't matter," replied Peter, handing Alice the crossbow. "You're the one doing the shooting."
"What if I miss and hit him?" asked Alice, raising an eyebrow.
She knew that Peter was testing her and she intended on beating him at his own game.
"We both know that you won't miss." replied Peter.

"Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!" chanted the Lost Boys, hitting the ground with their spears.
The boys continued chanting as Alice slowly raised the crossbow. The chanting eventually died down when Peter held up his hand. Alice took a deep breath, aiming at the apple on Felix's head.