Chapter 41; Lost Girl

"We dream to give ourselves hope. To stop dreaming- well, that's just like saying you can never change your fate."

~ Unknown

-

Peter's P.O.V

-

    I grit my teeth, studying the new arrivals in silence. I didn't think that they'd be so stupid as to come to Neverland to try and get Henry back. I shake my head in disappointment when I spot Hook sleeping in cot a few meters away from me. He's a absolute git, that one. He spent half his life trying to escape my island to kill The Dark One. And now he's back, and with The Dark One, too.

    The woman sleeps soundly in a makeshift cot next to Hook's cot. So that's The Evil Queen I've heard so much about. I'm disappointed, I thought that she'd be more ruthless, more, what's the word I'm looking for? Ah— Heartless. I assumed that such a infamous person would be heartless. Who would've thought that a Henry, a young boy, would be her weakness.

    My eyes land on Prince Charming and his wife, Snow White. I stare at them with distaste. Out of all the people in the group, I hate that couple the most. They're repulsive, always being so positive and cheerful about everything. I could just sneak past the camp borders and slit their throats, but what fun would that be? I'd rather watch as they tear themselves apart, which I'll definitely get them to do.

    My eyes dart to a blonde woman whom I assume is The Saviour. The blonde stirs in her sleep, then bolts up. The sound of the children crying must've woken her up. I watch as she stands up, unshealthing her machete as she does so. She turns to face Prince Charming and Snow White. I don't have to worry about her seeing me as I'm well hidden in the shadows.

    "Guys," she whispers. "Wake up."
    Her parents don't respond. Emma then gives up after her first attempt at waking them up and treks into the jungle alone. I wait until she's far from the campsite before making my move.
    "You hear that, too?" I ask, making myself known, my arms crossed over my chest as I lean against a tree.

    Emma gasps, spinning around to face me. She raises her machete up, keeping the blade aimed at my chest. She looks me up and down, checking to see if I'm carrying any weapons.
    "You're Emma, right?" I ask, pushing myself off the tree.
    I spare a glance towards the campsite. "I wonder why they can't hear the crying."
    "Who are you?" she demands.

    "Oh, did I forget to introduce myself?" I question. "I'm Peter. Peter Pan."
    Emma immediately pushes me against the tree, holding her machete to my throat. "Where's Henry?" she growls.
    "You've got fire," I note, chuckling. "I like fire, but, not from you."
    "Where's my son?" she demands, not taking the machete off my throat.

    "Henry's still alive, if that's what you're worried about," I reply, unfazed by the blade that's against my neck.
    "Why the hell did you take him?" she asks.
    "He's a very special boy, Emma."
    "I know," she says. "That doesn't answer my question. What do you want with him?"

    "I came here to see who I was up against," I say. "The Saviour. I gotta say, I'm not disappointed."
    "Why do you say now?" she asks. "You're gonna tell me how I'm never going to see Henry again?"
    "No," I say. "I'm going to help you find him. I'll give you a map."
    Emma gives me a skeptical look, taking the machete off my neck. She takes a step back, never taking her eyes off me.

    I take a piece of parchment out of the pocket in my woollen blazer. "A map that will lead you straight to your son."
    "If this is some kind of trap—"
    I chuckle. "I may not be the most well-behaved boy on the island, but I always keep my promises. The path to finding Henry is on this parchment."
    "Why are you giving it to me?" she asks.