Chapter 46; You Sit On A Throne Of Lies

"The most beautiful things in the world cannot been seen or touched, they are felt with the heart."

~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

-

Peter's P.O.V

-

    "I never thought I'd say this, but thanks for daring Alice to prank me."
    The blond chuckles. "Did you have fun?"
    I shake my head, looking back down at the spear that I'm sharpening. "Not exactly. Although, she is still sore—"
    "Spare me the details," he groans.
    "—cause I tickled her for being a brat."

    "Have you two ever . . . ?" Felix trails off, gesturing vaguely.
    "No," I reply. "Alice would neuter me if I ever tried."
    "And it would be a bloody shame if she did."
    I scoff, rolling my eyes at him. The two of us then lapse into comfortable silence as we carry on sharpening the tips of our spears. I shake my head, sighing internally.

    I don't understand why Felix is so certain that Alice has a chance at winning The Game. I twirl my knife in my hand as I ponder over the thought before dragging it down the end of the spear. I continue the action till the tip is sharpened to a point.
    I had just placed the knife on the ground when I felt a sharp tug in my gut. I inhale sharply.
    Felix looks up at the sound. "What is it?"
    I grit my teeth, stabbing my spear hilt-first into the ground. "Someone's leaving Neverland."

    "Where?" Felix drops his spear next to mine as he picks his mace up. "How shall we stop them?"
    "It's too late," I mutter. "Don't worry, Felix. We simply need to get word to our friends on the ground."
    "In Storybrooke?"
    "They can handle this, all it does is move up our timetable a notch. We need to get Henry ready."

    I stand up, exhaling loudly. "And I need to have a chat with our friend in the other cage."

    I look over my shoulder at bamboo cages hanging in the air.

    Felix glances at it, then back at me, smirking. "I think that visit is a little overdue."

****

     "There you are," I greet as Henry approaches me. "Care to take a stroll with me? There's someplace special I'd like to show you."
    "I'm not going anywhere with you," Henry replies, turning his back to me.
    I sigh, kneeling down beside him. "Why not, Henry?"
    "I think you're lying to me," he accusses. "My family, they're here, on Neverland. I know it."

    "What makes you so sure?" I inquire.
    "Does it matter?" he retorts, still refusing to face me.
    I look at him in surprise. "No." I exhale, annoyed. "It doesn't."
    "But I'd be remiss if I don't point out what does. If your family's here, Henry, why haven't they come for you?" I question, hoping that it would plant a seed of doubt within him.
    I'm rewarded with the boy turning around to face me.

    "Maybe you're keeping them from me," he mumbles.
    "Henry, I promise you, I'm not holding your family captive," I say.
    "Then why do you keep disappearing into the jungle? You're hiding something from me," he insists. "And I'm going to find out what it is."

    He then gets up and heads for the jungle. I sigh in frustration, getting to my feet.
    Felix watches him leave. "It would appear that we're losing the boy."

    "He just requires . . . Some effort. Given his lineage, I'd expect nothing less," I say, turning to face the tall blonde.
    "Shall I bring the cage here?"
    "No," I say. "I have another idea."