Chapter 32; Have You Been Running Through The Forest Or Did You Have Sex?

"It's alright to love someone who does not love you back as long as they're worth you loving them as long as they deserve it."

~ Cassandra Clare, The Infernal Devices

-

Peter's P.O.V

-

    "You're getting soft," Felix proclaims.
    "What makes you say that?"
    "Come on," Felix scoffs. "Losing to Alice at Two Truths & A Lie?"
    "You heard that?"
    "My tent is the nearest to the bonfire, so of course I heard it," he says, matter-of-factly. He then punches me on the shoulder.

    "Ouch," I say. It doesn't actually hurt, I'm accustomed to reacting that way. "What was that for?"
    "For keeping me awake with your laughing," he replies. "I need to sleep, too."
    "Well, forgive me for trying to win the game," I say.
    He rolls his eyes. "Are we going to talk about your nonexistent love life or are we going to talk about the hourglass problem?"

    "What were you were saying about the hourglass?"
    "It's stopped."
    "What?"
    "The sand has stopped flowing," I repeat.
    "When did it stop?" he asks.
    "When Alice first arrived in Neverland."

    "Do you still need The Truest Believer now that you're not dying?"
    "Yes," I say. "Alice being here will only keep me alive if she remains in Neverland. The heart of The Truest Believer will make me immortal and stonger than ever before."
    "So we still need the boy."
    "Yes, how are Greg and Tamara doing?" I ask. "Is everything alright?"

    "No." Felix says, shaking his head. "The savior is on to them."
    "That's potentially problematic. Think I'll have a little chat with the two of them when they get back here," I say.
    "Maybe you should introduce your shadow to them," Felix suggests.
    "Good idea, Felix," I say.
    "So what are you going to do about Alice?"

    "She's never leaving the island," I say. "Even if she wins, which she probably won't, I'll never let her go."
    "Because you'll have the heart of The Truest Believer?" Felix asks.
    "No," I say, shaking my head.

    "Because she's mine."

-

Lewis's P.O.V (A few hours later)

-

    "Three, two, one!" Alice exclaims. "Ready or not, here I come!"
    "Has Alice always been this good with kids?" Ray asks, looking at her.
    Alice sneaks up behind Asa and Isaac. She places her hands on their shoulders and shouts. "Boo!" The twins squeal and laugh, turning to face her.

    "Yeah," I reply, smiling towards Alice fondly. "Always."
    "Our step-siblings love her," Will adds.
    "Step-siblings?" Ray repeats. "Mum and dad remarried?"
    I tune them out, watching Alice as she plays with the younger boys.

    Alice walks towards Cassie who's a few meters away from her. "What are you doing Cas?"
    Cassie stands next to a tree with his hands over his eyes. "If I cawant see you, that mewens you cawant see me."
    Alice laughs, and I smile at the beautiful sound. "Cassie, dear, it doesn't work that way."
    "It does for mwe," he replies.

    "She's really something, isn't she?" Ray asks, bringing me back to reality.
    "Yeah, she is," I reply. I notice that Will has left. Probably to train with the other Lost Boys.
    "How long have you guys been friends?" Ray asks.
    "Since we were kids," I say. "She's always been there for me."
    "Is that why the two of you were so determined to get her back?"