01 - Hogwarts Express

The above photos are an Emotional Energy chart. Emotional Energy is a topic I made up. It is basically one's aura, except it changes colours with emotions and an adolescent's personality. Their aura or 'Emotional Energy' is something that the main protagonists can see, as they are Emotions Readers. The way you can tell that someone is another Emotions Reader is by spotting the gold splotches that are within their EE.

LUCY'S POV

"Hermione, hurry up! I don't want to miss the train." I watch my twin sister roll her eyes for what seemed like the fiftieth time today as we continued to push our luggage trolleys along the platform of the busy train station. I really didn't want to miss the train, after all it is our first year at Hogwarts after all.

After receiving my Hogwarts letter and being absolutely over the moon — organising, packing and preparing had invaded my holiday and had thrown me into a complete frenzy. Excitement was an understatement during the weeks leading up till September, counting down the days on my calendar. God, I was bursting at the seams by the time the awaited day had come around.

"Alright Luc, calm down." My sister reassured me with less enthusiasm than before. It's quite clear that Hermione has grown tired of my insistent squabbling, evident in her lazy but still pacing stride as we made our way in between platform nine and ten.

Stumbling over my own feet, my wandering trolley had decided that it would be the perfect moment in time to begin to malfunction. After losing control of the trolley, I proceeded to run into another student's trolley, knocking their cases onto the platform ground and setting off their screeching owl, which had been startled by the whole affair.

"I'm so sorry," I gasp, my cheeks burning with shame and utter embarrassment as I lean down to help the victim of my clumsiness with their suitcase and another small bag. His owl looked rather rattled as it shrieked at me, the black and brown speckled creature staring at me with its beady eyes. A chuckle escapes the student and I lock eyes with a young boy as he grabbed his bags from my hand and placing them back onto the trolley.

"It's okay, don't worry." I can't help but admire his thick brunette curls and his soft brown eyes, which were confronting yet comforting. He stood only a good inch and a half taller than me, but with broader shoulders and much lankier legs, making me feel minuscule compared to him. The one thing that really struck me about him was his aura, which was truly overwhelming — it's many colours almost blinding me as I studied it.

"Is it your first year too?" I ask, fixing up my bags to make sure they didn't fall off when I would have to go through the entrance. The boy nods, a charming grin drawn eagerly on his face. I wonder if he knew that his smile had such an affect on people, but judging by his composure and what little colour I could see in his aura, since it was still blinding me, he didn't appear to be arrogant.