12 - Christmas at the Burrow

LUCY'S POV

LUCY'S POV

The burrow has been very busy with Arthur, Molly, Fred, George, Bill, Charlie, Percy, Hermione, Ron, Harry, Ginny, Myles and I at Christmas time. We'd spent the last few weeks at the Burrow and now it was Christmas. I woke up excitedly, knowing that my favourite day of the year had finally arrived.

"Mimi, Gin, It's Christmas!" I whisper with elation, shaking the two girls awake. They both groan, squinted eyes and tired mutters following me as I shove on my slippers and ran into the boys' room, I opened the door slowly, not sure if I wanted to wake the hormonal and dangerous creatures of the opposite sex, especially the Weasley boys. I carefully crept up to Myles' bed and pressed a soft peck to his lips. His eyes open slowly and he smiles at me lazily.

"Morning Angel." His husky morning voice making me blush.

"Merry Christmas." I squeal as he pulls me into bed with him and kisses me roughly, his hands gripping my waist.

"Oi! Love birds! Save it for the mistletoe! It's too early." Fred groans, throwing his pillow at us. The flying object hits us and I glare playfully, throwing it back at him.

"Is the great Myles James Potter blushing?" George laughs as Myles' cheeks become pink. I grin, kissing his cheek before rushing downstairs. The Christmas tree, although quite jumbled and mismatched, was a beautiful sight to behold, especially with the rather large  addition of presents beneath it. I heard feet thumping on the stairs as everyone else races down, the excitement waking everyone.

"Merry Christmas, Lu!" Molly embraces me. I hug back, almost being crushed by the woman's motherly affection.

"Merry Christmas, Molly," I grin, kissing her on the cheek.

"I've told you to call me mum," She laughs, her eyes lighting up with pure joy.

"Okay, mum." I casually correct myself and I can see it makes her happier. "Come on. Let's unwrap presents!" I lead Molly towards the Christmas tree, which was almost engulfed by the gifts and we begin to swap presents with each other.

I give Hermione - a wall calendar, Ron - a new copy of 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them', Molly - a muggle cooking book, Arthur - a bundle of muggle items and tools, Charlie - a new dragon whistle, Percy - a new pair of reading glasses, I jokingly give Bill some hair ties. Fred and George - long lasting hair dye and itching powder, Harry - a chocolate frog card of Godric Gryffindor and some sugar quills, Ginny - a ring with a snitch on it. I sent Lily a gold locket, Hannah, Angel and Charlotte - a package of pranks so they could prank Fred and George back and last but not least, I give Myles a memory ball, where you shake it and you can see your favourite memories.

I receive a muggle book series from Hermione, a Weasley jumper in light purple and a huge amount of fudge from Molly, a book about merpeople and a packet of fizzing whizzbees from Arthur, an Antipodian Opaleye scale from Charlie, a new leather satchel from Bill, a box of chocolate frogs from Percy. From Fred and George, I received a howler writing set and a sample of their Skiving Snackbox, an extremely soft blanket patterned with the Gryffindor crest from Harry, a large peacock feather quill from Ginny, a large Gryffindor wall hanging for my bedroom from Ron. Lily sent a photo of her, Charlotte, Hannah, Angel, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Fred, George, Neville, Luna, Cho, Cedric, Harry, Myles and I in an engraved frame that said 'Always'. The photo was on the Quidditch field after a Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw game, she and Fred were making stupid faces at each other.

"Close your eyes." Myles instructs me and I cross my arms.

"Why?" I raise a suspicious eyebrow to my boyfriend and he chuckles, playfully rolling his eyes.

"Just close them." I cover my eyes, still unsure. I do trust Myles, but I wouldn't be surprised if I got pranked by him and the twins. I feel something soft squirm in my lap and my heart jumps. "Open your eyes." I look down into my lap and my heart melts. In my laps sits a small kitten with a pink bow around its neck. It made quiet mewing noises and gently buried itself into my legs for warmth. Its pelt was light grey with dark grey markings. The kitten stared at me with her big beautiful blue eyes and I stroked its back, only now noticing the tiny pair of angel wings that she had on her back.

"She's beautiful..." I manage to say, feeling speechless. "I'll name her Gypsy." I cuddled her and she rubbed her head against my cheek. I passed her to Ginny, who was cooing at the small cat. "Thank you." I whisper in Myles' ear, hugging him tightly before kissing his cheek.

"That's not all." I glare at my boyfriend, shaking my head.

"Myles, it's too much." Myles throws Hermiome a knowing look and my sister grins and hops up, covering my eyes so I'm unable to see once again.

"I know you'll love it, Lu." She whispers as I feel something cold rest on my neck, my heart beginning to race again. Hermione uncovers my eyes and giggles, motioning for me to look down. I touch my neck, feeling the pendant in my hand before looking at it. It's a delicate silver heart-shaped locket, the words 'My Angel' are engraved in cursive. I gently open the priceless object and I'm surprised to find a photo. I'm even more surprised as I watch it change from scene to scene — from the time we first met to my transformation to the Yule Ball. It shows all our memories together as the group and some of Myles and I. After watching for a while in awe, I close it and I glance up at my boyfriend, who had been watching me intently. "So do you-" I cut him off by swinging my arms around his neck and hugging him tightly, burying my face into his chest.

"This is the nicest thing anyone's done for me," I mumble, trying not to cry. I really don't deserve him.

"Hey Love Birds, mistletoe!" I hear Ron tease. Hermione slaps his chest and I look up to see that Ron is enchanting some mistletoe above our heads. I kiss Myles and he kisses back. Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Harry, Fred, George, Myles and I ran outside and started a snowball fight. I was throwing snowballs at everyone and hiding behind snow walls when I realised Myles had disappeared. I started to look around when I was dipped. I scream but realise it's Myles. He kisses me and I giggle. I pick up some snow and shove it in his face. He gasps at the coldness and glares at me. I giggle and run.

"Lucy Riley Granger! Get back here!" I heard him yell. I trip and fall, Myles landed on top of me. We begin to laugh as the snow war raged on around us.

HERMIONE'S POV

I'm desperately trying to throw snowballs at Fred and George. Suddenly, I feel a damp chill go down the back of my shirt and I turn around to see Ron, laughing his head off. I glare and secretly pick up some snow when he's not looking. I come up to him and stand inches away from his face. I lean in to kiss him and shove the snow in his face. I burst out chuckling and start to run. I topple over and make a snow angel while staring at the sky, feeling grateful to have such wonderful people in my life.

"Best Christmas Ever!" I whisper to myself with a grin and continue to run from a cold and annoyed Ron.