27 - No Hope

MYLES' POV

MYLES' POV

It's been two weeks since Lucy went missing and no one has been dealing with it well. Riley hardly speaks and James won't stop worrying about his girlfriend. Hermione is a sobbing mess and is unable to speak without breaking down. Ginny avoids everyone. Ron hardly eats. Everyone is affected by it. Lucy is the one that keeps this place cheerful. The teachers keep cancelling lessons and Neville is worried because Luna has disappeared too. The whole aunt situation was proven fake when we contacted Luna's dad and he thought she was still at school. Everyone's EEs remained downtrodden. As for me, I've been trying to act brave, but I feel as if my whole world is crashing down. We're currently in the Great Hall for dinner. Hermione takes one look at her food, bursts into tears and runs towards the library. Ron sighs, chasing after his girlfriend. I leave the table, going up to my room and getting ready for bed early. I just stare at the ceiling. Is she even still alive?

'Myles, don't think like that!' I fall asleep after about twenty minutes of lying down.

*DREAM*

Echoed screams of pain and loud violent sobs could be heard even down in the cellar. I notice Luna, Mr Ollivander, and Griphook all sitting down in random spots on the cold, damp floor. Luna was facing the wall, holding back tears.

"I don't want to listen to her screams anymore, she doesn't deserve this. Myles must be so worried about her." Luna spoke tearfully to the two, not turning around.

"Miss Granger doesn't deserve any of this, but there's nothing we can do. Malfoy Manor is infested." Mr Ollivander sighs.

"But we could at least try! There's a lot less since they went to Hogwarts to kill Professor Dumbledore." Luna sighs. The screams and sobs continued until it was silent. I hear heavy footsteps down the stairs and I see someone thrown into the cellar. "I want to kill Bellatrix so badly. She's cursed her unconscious." I gasp. It couldn't be Lucy. She had lost too much weight and her face was black and blue with bruises. Blood stained her robes and scars stained her skin.

"Lucy, wake up." Luna shook her carefully. Lucy's eyes open and I'm shocked to tears. Her pupils are an icy blue as if all life had left her body and red lines from lack of sleep and nourishment splatter her eyes.

"Luna, are we going to make it out alive?" Her voice comes out as a choked whisper. Tears slide down Luna's face.

"You will. People care about you, nobody anyone cares about me." Luna sobs and lays down next to Lucy, gently embracing her for comfort.

"I care about you, Myles and Harry care about you, Ginny, Cho and Hermione care about you, Riley and James care about you, Lily, Hannah, Angel, Charlotte, Fred and George care, but Neville cares most of all." Lucy strains her voice as she shakingly strokes Luna's hair. "He's in love with you, Luna. Don't take it for granted." Lucy's hand falls to the ground as she loses consciousness again.

*END OF DREAM*

I wake up, sweating and breathing heavily as Ron, Neville, Harry, Ginny and Hermione sit around my bed, looking confused and concerned.

"Myles, what's up mate? You look absolutely appalled." Ron scrunches up his face with complete and utter confusion. I manage to get my breath back to say the next sentence.

"I know where Lucy and Luna are. The death eaters are attempting to kill Dumbledore." Everyone stares at me in shock. Hermione grabs my elbow and drags me out of bed, all of us rushing towards McGonagall's office.