11 - I Don't Get It

Filler chapter

Filler chapter

HERMIONE'S POV

It's Saturday. Lucy and Myles were on a date at Hogsmeade and Harry and Ginny were sitting in the Gryffindor common room talking over Quidditch strategies, so Ron and I decided to go for a walk through the gardens. Ron and I are walking along, happily chatting when all of a sudden, Ron changes the subject quite abruptly.

"I don't get it." He tells me as I stare at him curiously.

"Get what?" I asked concerned as we stop walking.

"How did a beautiful, smart girl like you fall in love with me and not Harry or Myles? They're the famous heroes after all." He asked me as I smiled and blushed.

"Ron, they may be heroes, but that doesn't mean they always get everything. They may get all the glory, but I fell in love with you. You're goofy and silly yet kind and charming. Harry has Ginny, your sister who loves him. And Lucy and Myles were destined to be, quite literally actually." I told him, stroking his cheek with a soft smile. Ron grinned and continued to talk to me.

"I still don't understand how lucky I got," I smile softly and I kiss his cheek as we continue to walk.

"If you think you are lucky with me, you're wrong. I'm stubborn as a mule." I told him, avoiding eye contact by looking around the gardens. We stop again as Ron looks at me.

"But that's what I like about you because good things are hard and great things are difficult." He told me, lifting my chin so I was looking into his beautiful blue eyes. I smile.

"If you are as lucky as you said, then I guess it's life's way of saying that you've done hard work so you deserve a break, a bit of glory, a bit of love," I told him.

"Wingardium LeviosAR." He whispered. I smile and go along with it.

"It's LeviOsa, not LeviosAR." I giggled and shoved him softly. He shoved me back and ran away. "Come back here, Ron," I yelled and chased after him. I'm really excited because it was only a few weeks till Christmas. I've already got everyone something because it was better to be safe than sorry. I just hope they don't forget me. I catch up to Ron and jump on his back. We continue to laugh as we run through the snowy tinted gardens. This Christmas is going to be great!