28 - Dumbledore's Death

MYLES' POV

MYLES' POV

Harry and I hide underneath the floor at the Astronomy Tower as the death eaters continue to pressure Draco and laugh at Dumbledore.

"I know you gave the sword to that Mudblood girl and her looney friend. Now tell me where they've put it, you old freak." Bellatrix hissed as the others continue to shout and jeer.

"Come on, Draco." Draco's hand shook and his face scrunches up with regret and misery. "Draco, you don't have to do this," Dumbledore speaks calmly.

"No! I have to do this, you old fool. Otherwise, he'll kill me." Draco panics.

"Stop being stupid, boy. Avada Kedavra!" Professor Snape yells and Dumbledore falls limp as he's blasted over the side of the astronomy tower. I run as fast as I can to the crowded courtyard, Harry, Ginny, Hermione, Ron and Neville not far behind me. Teachers were staring at Dumbledore with a loss of faith and sadness. Some students cried and screamed while the others just stood in shock. A dark mark etched the sky as the squeals and howls of laughter could be heard from the Death Eaters. McGonagall raises her wand, shooting a bright light into the sky and everyone joins in. Hermione sobs into Ron's shoulder as Ginny holds Harry back from running to Dumbledore's body. I sink to my knees and sob. One of the only people who was able to protect us is gone. My girlfriend is gone, my friend is gone, all hope is gone. Fury fills me as I remember my dream, how Lucy was being tortured and starved. I need to get her home. I get and start to run.

"Myles!" I hear Ginny yell after me.

"Myles!" My friends' voices got quieter as I ran into the Forbidden Forest. I run, my lungs burning and my legs aching. I yell in surprise as I'm tackled to the ground.

"Myles, mate. Calm down." Ron was sitting on top of me as I squirmed.

"Ron! Calm down?! My girlfriend has tortured and I can't do anything about it! The one thing besides my friends and family is dead and a war is coming!" I scream furiously as I squirm. Hermione's face is red with fury as she scowls.

"My twin sister has gone missing as well as one of my closest friends! The one person who could've helped us is dead plus my sister's boyfriend is acting like a raving lunatic! And you want to feel sorry for yourself?! You're not the only one whose life sucks at the moment!" Hermione's body shakes violently as she continues screaming.

"Be quiet!" Harry yells, creating silence. "We know where they are, we need to be prepared!" Harry leads us like a soldier. "Here's the plan."

SIX MONTHS LATER

THIRD PERSON