29 - Sacrifices

LUCY'S POV

LUCY'S POV

I scream as loud as I can, my voice restrained by the rawness of my throat as the curse is continuously thrown at me. It had been three months since I was kidnapped by Death Eaters, three months since I'd seen my friends and three months since I'd seen Myles. This had been a part of my daily routine. I had given up hope of someone coming and finding us as the war began. My body is stained with more scars than I could count. I'm wishing for death. I'm picked up by my hair, a matted knot, and dragged back downstairs towards the group. The only thing keeping me alive at the moment was Luna. Griphook and Mr Ollivander seem fine. Luna, however, is the complete opposite. She's an emotional mess, sick and starving, but we take care of each other. I couldn't die right now because Luna would have no one to help her. I don't know how long we'd talk, but every time Luna or I was tortured, we'd talk to each other for what seemed like hours. We were given one piece of bread and a small container of water each. I would divide the bread, so I'd have some every couple of hours then I'd drink three-quarters of the water and use the other quarter to scrub the dirt from freshly opened wounds. I'm thrown violently to the ground like I expected, but I can't move. I quietly sob, knowing that if I was hit the Cruciatus curse one more time, I was going to die. Luna calmly walks up to me, sitting cross-legged and placing my head in her lap.

"I'm not going to be able to make it through the next one, Luna. I can't move properly." I whisper, tears dripping down my face.

"Yes, you can, Lucy. The sorting hat put you in Gryffindor for a reason, you're strong and brave. You'll make it through it." I manage to shake my head in response as Luna tugged her finger through my matted hair.

"Luna, I want to be put out of my misery. Every Gryffindor has to die someday." Luna doesn't respond, stroking my head as I try to relax. I hear screams of laughter and joy from upstairs and Wormtail stumbles down the stairs, grinning so much his watery eyes are squinting.

"You, Mudblood and Looney. Upstairs now." I try to move my legs, but I scream in pain. Wormtail rolls his eyes before waddling over, muttering something about stupid weak Mudbloods. He grabs Luna and I by our hair and drags us up the stone stairs into the sitting room.

"Oh and here are your precious friends now." I'm thrown onto the floor again and I feel my rib crack. I hoarsely muffle my scream before spitting up blood. I look up shakingly to see Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Myles. Hermione's eyes fill with tears as she looks down at me. I turn back to Bellatrix.

"Spare them, I've taken three months of your shit and I can take more." I cough and wheeze. She glares at me.

"Put the twins, Looney and the blood traitors in the cellar. I'll deal with Mudblood one and two." Ron's face pales as Myles' contorts into a look of despair and hopelessness. Ron's argumentative cries continue to echo as they walk downstairs. "Wormtail, hold this one." She grabs me and shoves me into his flabby arms. Bellatrix turns to Hermione. "How did you get the sword?" The ugly Death Eater asks.