35 - Reactions

LUCY'S POV

Myles and I made our way through the Hospital Wing, trying to give help to as many people as we could. We arrive at the Great Hall where my friends and family had met. Harry, who stood only a few metres in front of us, must have spotted the ring because he gives us a knowing smile as I squeeze Myles' hand. He knew all along, the cheeky git.

"Lucy!" Riley hugs me, crying with relief.

"Sh, it's okay. I'm here." I comfort her, walking over to James and Samantha.

"Lucy." Molly hugs me, bags under her eyes and blood staining her clothes. Among the dead lay George, Remus, Tonks and Sirius. I wanted to burst into tears, but I kept my emotions bottled. I hug everyone, embracing them to confirm that they were real and I hadn't lost them too. I heard a small meow and saw that Gypsy was okay.

"Oh Merlin, Gypsy. I missed you." I hugged my kitten to my body protectively, making sure not to crush her. I saw Madam Pomfrey's eyes glint with glee as she looks at my ring. Ginny grabs my hand and gasps, almost squealing with delight.

"Lucy, did he...?" I grin, looking at my fiancée.

"Yeah, he did." Lily starts fangirling while Molly starts rambling about weddings. Fleur and Bill congratulate me while Ron hands over a few galleons to Ginny.

"I told you he'd do it after the war." My sister hugs me tightly.

"When, where, how?" Hermione asks giddily.

"Before the war, I was giving Myles a pep talk and he promised me that if we made it through the war, he would propose. It happened in the Gryffindor common room." I wrap my arms around my fiancée's middle.

"How long have you had the ring?" Fred asks, trying to smile through his pain. I promise, George. I'll help him heal.

"Dumbledore actually gave it to me, the first day of Hogwarts. He placed it in my palm and told me that I'd need it someday. Harry's actually known the whole time because he saw Dumbledore give it to me. He guessed that it was Lucy as soon as we started hanging out with Hermione and Luc." Hermione punches Harry's shoulder.

"You knew the whole time and didn't even bother to tell me?!" She scowls but ends up laughing. This is my family, this is home.