24 - Saving Lily (2/2)

LUCY'S POV

LUCY'S POV

Myles and George are involved in the plan S.L, but we made them promise to keep it quiet. I didn't want everyone to know because they'd want to get involved and I couldn't let anyone get hurt. The only reason we told them is because Fred accidently let it slip. If it were up to me, I'd be doing this alone, but the three insisted that I'd need help and they were probably right. George, Fred, Myles and I are currently sneaking up the stairs to Umbridge's classroom during lunchtime. I could tell Fred was nervous. We had no idea who is there and how long it would take to get Lily out.

"Ready?" I ask whispering and they all nod, hesitantly yet strongly.

"Ostium!" George shouts and the door blasts open. Lily's shaking body is lying on the floor, tears streaming down her face and bruises and scars appearing on almost every single part of her skin. Umbridge, Malfoy, Dickens, and Jetson were all there. Jarlsburg, Dickens and Jetson's eyes look straight at us and their sympathetic glances change into stone cold glares while the pink troll grins. The air is filled with tension and the only sound that fills the room is Lily's stifled groans and screams of agony.

"Expelliarmus!" I broke the tension and shock Jarlsburg in the chest. Jinxes and curses are continually thrown around the office as we all duck and retaliate. After ten minutes of continuous duelling, Fred manages to disarm Toad Face and the others back down.

"Never touch her again." Fred threatens Umbridge, his wand to her neck. Fred proceeds to drop Umbridge, who scrambles away, and picks up Lily, who is currently unconscious, in his arms gently as we walk silently towards the Hospital Wing.

"Madam Pomphrey." I manage to catch the nurse's attention and she scowls.

"Every time something happens, why is it always you and your friends, Miss Granger?" She asks, her glare softening as she lifts Lily on to the hospital bed.

"I've been asking myself the same question for the past six years, Popster." I sigh.

"What happened to her?" Madam Pomphrey asks, ignoring my last comment.

"Umbridge," is all I say and Madam Pomphrey scowls.

"I swear if that foul woman does the stop, I'll personally talk to the minister myself. What she's doing is illegal!" Madam Pomphrey grabs a bottle, shaking with anger.

"I couldn't agree with you more, Poppy." Professor McGonagall replies calmly, walking in with Dumbledore, Harry, Ginny, Neville, Luna, Cho, Cedric, Hermione and Ron.

"There is nothing we can do, Minerva. The Ministry is taking control of Hogwarts." Dumbledore sighs to his colleague.

"Are you saying we should give up, Albus?" McGonagall asks, half shocked, half agitated.

"I'm saying we should try not to aggravate Dolores any further. Our students' safety is in danger." He spoke wisely, though his eyes show fear, anger and sadness. After about two hours, Lily finally wakes up. Her eyes shone with joy and fury as her mouth contorted.

"Lucy, I told you not to tell anyone." Lily hisses angrily.

"You think I was going to let you suffer physically and mentally for my safety?!" I scowl at her.

"You were meant to keep it a secret!" She scowls back.

"Guys, maybe we should just calm down." Cho tries to suggest but we both ignore her.

"I couldn't enjoy life knowing that one of my friends were being tortured!" I yell, huffing with fury as my eyes start to glow.

"So you did it to have a clean conscious?" My wings burst out into view and my voice booms as I glare at her.

"I'm not selfish! I did it for you and your boyfriend, who has been crying his heart out because he couldn't do anything to help you since you were so secretive! But of course, you wouldn't have noticed because you've been a complete sook, hiding in your bedroom and worrying us all!" My voice fills the room and everyone is silent. Myles wraps his arms around me and calms me down, his voice softly soothing my anger as it leaves me. Lily stares at her red-faced boyfriend as he stares anxiously at the ground, trying to hopelessly hide his obvious embarrassment as everyone watches the two.

"We'll leave you two be." Professor McGonagall breaks the silence. George, Hermione, Ron, Harry, Ginny, Cedric, Cho, Myles, Professor McGonagall, Professor Dumbledore, Madam Pomphrey and I all walk out. I turn and quickly add a few words.

"Tell each other everything. It's not fair to keep secrets." I continue down the hallway, not waiting for them because I knew Fred and Lily had some explaining to do, and it was going to take a while.

LILYANNE'S POV

The others left and Fred and I sat in silence, though it seemed to echo around the hospital wing.

"Fred.. I-I'm sor-." Fred cuts me off, somewhat angrily.

"Don't apologise, you should've just told me." My blood boils. God, why does he have to be so stubborn? And why does he make me want to kiss him badly when I'm angry at him?!

"The reason I didn't tell you is because I didn't want you to worry." Fred's face flushes red with fury as soon as the sentence leaves my mouth.

"Are you seriously kidding me right now, Lilyanne?! I was worried because you weren't talking to me! You weren't eating or sleeping properly either and you come up with the excuse, I didn't want to worry you!" He snarls. I flinch out of fear and Fred's stone cold scowl softens.

"Toad Face threatened to kill my friends and family if I told anyone, Fred! She threatened to murder you! I couldn't let that happen." Tears drip down my face as I sob, embarrassed, ashamed and full of fear. "She screwed up my life and she was going to screw up yours. I know your mother couldn't handle losing you. I couldn't handle losing you. I wasn't going to let my whining get in the way of your future. I love you too much for that and I know you've got-" Fred interrupts my crying by kissing me softly. He brushes his large calloused thumbs against my flushed cheeks, wiping any tears while he continues to kiss me. He pulls away after, smirking.

"I love you more, Lily. I'm a bad influence, breaking the rules and cursing you with the Weasley blush." God, he's so hot when he smirks. Stupid teenage hormones. I grin and kiss his cheek, making him blush too.

"Life would be boring without you though. Good girls are bad girls who haven't been caught, Weasley. You'll have to get used to me because I'm not going anywhere." He grins widely and we sit, enjoying each other's company.