34 - So We Thought

LUCY'S POV

LUCY'S POV

"Neville, whose Hagrid carrying?" I ask him worried. my brain knew the answer, but my heart refused to believe it. Before he can respond, Voldemort speaks up.

"Harry and Myles Potter are dead!" He yells and Voldemort's army cackle with laughter. I freeze. This can't be happening. This isn't happening. Ron holds his crying sister as she gives in.

"No!" I want to scream until my lungs burst. A painfully violent sob racks through my body as I'm lifted into the air shakingly. Fury and pain fill my body as my wings pop out and my eyes glow. My patronus flies beside me as all the power I have shocked the air. Voldemort is thrown a few metres and I fall to the ground. My body aches and vision blurs as I hear people shout my name in panic. I see Myles and Harry sprint away. Myles gives me a look and that's all I see before I black out. I wake up in a white heavenly room. I see Dumbledore, George, Tonks, Remus, Sirius, Harry and Myles' parents and my parents.

"Lucy, you're here. You brave young girl." Dumbledore smiles. George guides me over to the group. I stare at my parents, who have sympathy in their eyes.

"I'm sorry. I tried, I failed." I tell them.

"You did not fail, my darling angel." My mother tells me.

"You have saved many lives and have saved civilisation. We couldn't be more proud of you." My father smiles at me.

"Our eldest son couldn't live without you. He loves you with all his heart. You love him when we can't and I'm thankful, I couldn't ask for better for him." Harry's mother tells me. Harry's father looks at me and smiles.

"Thank you for continuing the Marauders. I don't think Myles would've made it through this without you."

"I'm proud of you, Warrior. Take care of Myles and the others for me." Sirius grins cheekily.

"Sirius, I can't... I don't know if I can do this without you, Padfoot." I sigh and he hugs me. It made me feel at peace, at least for a while anyway.

"Take care of Teddy for us. Tell him his mummy and daddy love him. He'll have a great friend like you were to me." Tonks hugs me and Remus does our handshake.

"Your deaths will never be in vain. I love you so dearly." I look at Tonks and take in her features. She wasn't in pain and her hair was back to its usual pink. She looked stress-free.

"Take care of Ron and the gang for me, especially Fred. Tell him I miss him." George smiles sadly.

"George, I promise that you will live on. I know that we weren't as close as everyone else, but I still considered you family and I love you a lot." I hug the boy and he laughs his usual Weasley prankster laugh.

"You have a choice," Dumbledore explains. "You could stay here with your parents or you can live with your friends." He pats my shoulder. I turn to my parents.

"I'm sorry, Mum. I'm sorry, Dad. But there are friends I need. I'm sorry to keep you waiting, but I must go. I love you a lot and I'm glad I got to see you again." They nod understandingly and the others wave goodbye.

"Find him, Lucy. Find Myles and don't let go." I drift back into consciousness. I gasp as I wake up in the Hospital Wing. The place was destroyed, patches of the roof were missing and the hallway was scattered with the dead and injured. Hermione, Ginny, Harry, Arthur, Molly, Professor McGonagall, Neville, Luna, Cho,  Cedric and Fred rushed to my bedside.

"Where's Myles?" I ask. They look at me sadly. I get up and sprint as they shout after me. I need to find him. He can't be gone, he can't be!

MYLES' POV

I woke up in a white hallway to find Dumbledore, George, Tonks, Remus, Sirius, Lucy and Hermione's parents and my parents.

"You're very brave, Myles." Dumbledore invites me over to them.

"You just missed Lucy," George tells me.

"She's okay?" I ask frantically. Sirius chuckles.

"Calm down, Wisdom. Warrior is fine." Sirius gives me a sly grin.

"We couldn't be more proud of you and Harry, Myles." Dad pats my shoulder.

"We'll always be with you, Darling," Mum tells me. I got to finally meet my mum's sweet face. She looked exactly like her photos.

"Our eldest daughter loves you. She couldn't live without you. Thank you for protecting her." Lucy's parents thank me.

"Take care of Warrior for me." Sirius hugs me. "Marry that girl." He whispers to me so only I can hear.

"Look after Teddy for us and tell him that we love him." Tonks and Remus smile sadly.

"Prank Ron for me and tell Fred that I miss my twin." George sobs, I hug him.

"We'll always be here." I wake up in the middle of a hallway. I get up and start running.

"Is Lucy alive?" I ask my memory ball shakily and it turns a pale green to confirm Sirius' remark. She's alive! She's okay.

LUCY'S POV

I run down the hallway, my chest heaving as I frantically search for him through the rubble and wreck. He couldn't be dead, I was going to spend the rest of my life with him! I then see him. His clothes are torn, his hair is messy, he is scarred all over his body and his eyes look lost, but he's never looked so handsome. I sprint towards him and hug him with all my might.

"I thought I lost you." I sobbed into his chest as he stroked my hair. I look into his doe brown eyes and Myles brushes a piece of hair out of my face. He kisses me. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer as his arms snake around my waist. We kiss as if it were our last. We pull apart after a while. "Never do that again, you complete arse," I whisper, out of breath.

"I love you, Lucy Riley Granger." He grins at me.

"I love you too, Myles James Potter," I reply.

"As I promised." He gets down on one knee, holding a ring with a beautiful diamond sitting in the delicate silver band. "Lucy Riley Granger, you're the right girl and this is the right moment. Will you marry me?" I hug him again, crying slightly.

"Yes! A million times yes!" I kiss him again for good measure.

"Want a piggy back?" Myles asks childishly. I nod and hop on his back as we rush to the Hospital Wing. I giggle as we speed down the hallway, trying to find the others.