15 - Pigface's Detention

LUCY'S POV

LUCY'S POV

I have shown up to detention with Umbridge.

"Miss Granger, you will write I shall not disobey or speak against the Ministry. She explains. I look at her in confusion.

"I have no ink." I look at the empty quill. She grins, sickeningly sweet.

"You won't need it." She tells me. I ignore her weird request.

"How long do I write?" I question.

"Until it sinks in..." She trails off as I start to write. An excruciating burning feeling fills my left hand and I look at it in shock, to see that the words were being engraved in my wrist and arm, bloodily. "Has it sunk in?" She asks.

"No." I grin. I wince through the pain as I start to write other things. 'GO - GRYFFINDOR'. Umbridge hisses at me.

"What are you doing?" She snarls, her EE blazing the familiar black and grey. She had a truly evil soul.

"I'm writing lines, Professor." I smirk, innocently and continue. She yanks the quill out of my hand.

"I'll teach you not to be smart with me, Granger." She smirks and stands me up.

"Don't you want your students to be smart, Dolores?" I ask, using her first name sassily. She turns red with fury and points her wand at the ceiling.

"Tacite Cubiculum." She sound-proofs the room and points her wand at me. "Crucio!" She yells furiously. No words can describe how much pain I was in as I screamed at the top of my lungs. Pain spread through my body like wildfire. I felt like I was going to die as I collapsed to the floor. My wings pop out of my back forcefully and lay beside my shaking body as I sobbed in pain. "You silly girl, never disobey me." She cackles and continues to torture me. I close my eyes as violent sobs rack through my body. This was it, I was going to die for sure. "You can go now. But I'll see you tomorrow at detention. Same time, same place, same punishment." She grins evilly. I run out of the room, hiding my wings and trying to recover as quickly as possibly. I walk with my head down, making sure no one saw me. I felt someone grab my wrist and I yelp in pain. I look up and see Myles, staring at me in shock and concern.

"Are you okay, Lu?" Myles asks caringly.

"I'm f-f-fine." I manage to stutter, not sure I would hide what had just happened for my boyfriend that could literally read my emotions.

"No, you're not." He frowns and tries to hug me, but I back away.

"It's nothing, don't worry." I sprint away.

"Lucy!" Myles yells after me as I ran down the hallway and into another. I sat down on the floor in the deserted hall and start to sob again, leaning against the wall in defeat.

"Are you okay?" A quiet delicate voice asks. I look up and saw a beautiful young girl. She looked around age thirteen and had shoulder length, blonde hair that curled slightly at the tips. She had doe brown eyes, almost exactly like Myles' and quite tan skin. I smile and wipe my tears away.

"It's nothing you should worry about. Now what's your name?" I ask, trying to change the subject. She didn't need to know my problems. Her aura flowed pure blue, yellow and orange. She had a certain spark in her.

"My name is Riley Raymond and I'm a second year in Ravenclaw." Riley introduces herself.

"Lucy Granger, Junior Head Girl. I'm in Gryffindor." I tell her. I pay the floor beside me and she sits down as we start to chat.

"So Riley, any boys?" I ask, wiggling my eyebrows teasingly. She blushes and nods her head.

"You can't tell anyone, but I like my best friend, James. He's in Slytherin." She explains sheepishly. I could see that she really liked him by the glow of her EE.

"Aw, that's cute," I smile and she grins at me.

"What about you?" She asks interested.

"Well, I'm actually dating one of my best friends. His name is Myles." I giggle.

"What's he like?" Riley asks, smirking at me. My cheeks turn pink as I smile and start to tell her all about him.

"He's really intelligent, brave, strong and understanding. He makes me laugh really easily and he understands that even though I'm different, I should be treated the same. Myles is very leader-like. He is definitely a Gryffindor and he's very romantic. He thinks about everyone else before himself and he's an amazing friend to all." Riley chuckles as I start to babble on about my boyfriend.

"You really love him, don't you?" Riley asks, grinning. I nod my head, my mind drifting to his brown eyes.

"I do," I grin and Riley and I continue to talk.

"Why were you crying before?" Riley asks. I bite my lip, thinking about how Umbridge tortured me. I knew I couldn't talk about it. We had so much going on with Voldemort back, I knew I just had to stay strong for the meanwhile.

"Just promise me if you get a detention from Umbridge." I ignore her and she agrees, giving me a confused look before hugging me. "It was nice to meet you, Riley. I'm always happy to make a new friend." I smile at her. Her curious eyes grow wide.

"You'd call me a friend?" She asks sincerely, her EE glowing a light pink as she filled with happiness.

"Of course, I've got your back. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I hug her again and we go our separate ways. I'm trying to make my way down the hallway to the Gryffindor common room, away from prying eyes, but of course, Myles spots me and grabs my wrist again. He drags me into the now abandoned courtyard, which is usually roaming with students of all ages and houses, but the place had become dull after we found out our lives were at stake.

"What happened back there?" Myles asks sternly yet concerned.

"Myles, we're not meant to be here." I furrow my eyebrows and try to walk away, but his grip tightens on my wrist and I stifle a cry of pain as I turn back around to face my boyfriend. He looks at me, trying to read me, but I just stare back blankly. "Nothing, okay? Now let's leave before we get into trouble." I try to walk away, but Myles grabs onto my sleeve instead and it lifts up to reveal my cuts from the cursed quill. He sees the scars and tries to grab my hand again, but I manage to slip out of his grip. I rush upstairs towards the girl's bathrooms and make it, just before the stairs turn into a slide. Umbridge probably ordered for the security to be placed on so the boys can't sneak up. I lock the stall and tuck my legs to my chest. I finally get my breath back and check to see if the coast is clear. I notice Myles waiting for me at the bottom of one of the staircases. I make my way down the banister on a different flight of stairs and sprint off before he can even process what just happened. I'd never thought I'd be running away from my boyfriend again.