13 - School's Back

*SIXTH YEAR*

*SIXTH YEAR*

LUCY'S POV

Even though I loved the holidays, I was glad to go back to school. It was a distraction from Dad and Mum being in hospital, it helped things hurt a little less, plus I had missed going to class and learning. Over the holidays, a lot happened. Hermione has been made a Prefect, Harry and Ginny were made co-captains of the Gryffindor Quidditch team and Myles and I, surprisingly were Junior Head boy and girl. Even with our new privileges, Hermione, Myles and I decide not to sit in the prefect carriage, but to sit with Harry and Ginny instead, and Ron if we could find him. I opened the carriage to find Harry and Ginny chatting, their faces flushing red. I sit down across from them with Myles and Hermione and Ron soon joins us in the carriage.

"What's up with you two?" I ask them, even though I knew what had just happened. Ron looked at them suspiciously as we continued to chat. Crookshanks hissed as Scabbers squeaked teasingly at the poor cat.

"Hermione, keep your cat away from Scabbers." Ron scowled at Hermione. A frown appeared on her usually smiling face.

"It's a cat's natural instinct, Ronald. If you place Scabbers somewhere safe then he'd be fine." Hermione growled as they continued to argue. I roll my eyes at them in sync with Ginny. Even though they were dating now, it was still pretty normal for them to have petty squabbles over silly things, especially over the two warring pets.

"Hey Luc, are you ready for your N.E.W.T. exams?" Ginny asks me, turning her attention away from her brother and her friend.

"Yes, but I'm worried about one thing," I respond, rubbing my hands together.

"What's that?" Harry asks interestedly.

"I can't figure out how to conjure a patronus charm and I'm afraid I'll fail my N.E.W.T exams." I sigh.

"I can help, Harry and I have conjured one before." Myles offers. I nod my head vigorously in agreement and I grab my wand out. He grabs his wand and concentrated.

"Expecto Patronum!" Myles whispers and a light blue wisp flashes. It shapes into a lion and starts to roar. I stare in awe, but as soon as it was conjured, it disappears and Myles turns to me.

"Mine isn't exactly strong enough to last for a long time, but I'm getting there. Now, you have to think of happy thoughts and say Expecto Patronum. It might not happen the first time, it's very hard." He explains. I close my eyes and think about all the times that I've hung out with my friends, times with Miles

"Expecto Patronum," I whisper quietly. I open my eyes to see a light blue wisp. It shapes up to be a lioness. It starts roaring and bouncing around. It disappears soon after and everyone stares at me in awe.

"Yours matches Myles'," Ginny exclaims in shock. I hear a soft meow as Gypsy gently floats down onto my lap. I giggle and pat my beautiful cat. I knew that two people with a matching patronus or a patronus that the other gets along with were destined to be together. It wasn't like I'd heard anything knew. We continued to sit on the train. I lean against Myles and sigh, enjoying the peace and stress-free journey to Hogwarts. We thought that everything would be fine for our Sixth Year. How wrong we really were.