14 - Umbridge's Arrival

*SIX MONTHS LATER*

*SIX MONTHS LATER*

LUCY'S POV

Harry and Myles came back from the forbidden forest with Cedric Diggory, laying slump. I knew he was dead or at least everyone thought he was. Harry is bawling his eyes out on Cedric's body as Myles stood in shock. I saw Cedric's EE flash and I instantly fell to the ground, feeling his pulse. It was faint, but it was there.

"He's alive! Someone grab the nurse." I yell as Cedric sits up, gasping for air. Cho lets out a cry of relief as she almost tackles the boy.

"Never do that again, you stupid boy." Cho sobbed into Cedric's shoulder as the cheeky Hufflepuff chuckled, but hugged her tightly back.

"I promise." He plants a kiss on her cheek.

"Lord Voldemort has returned!" Harry yells, trying not to panic whilst everyone murmurs in a panicked tone.

"I know everyone will deny it, but he has. I saw him and he attacked me." Cedric said, cementing the truth even more for everyone. I felt lost, overwhelmed. What were we going going to do now? Cho has to get off Cedric to allow him to be taken to the Hospital Wing. She followed behind him with Hagrid. I was sobbing, knowing the truth. We weren't safe anymore, no one was. Myles protectively draws me into his chest, stroking my frizzy hair comfortingly with his warm calloused hand. I could tell he was scared as well, terrified actually. His EE has tinges of black and grey, but I could tell he was staying strong for me and I was thankful.

"Everyone calm down!" Dumbledore yells and everyone becomes silent. "I shall talk to a few people. Stay inside and don't go outside without a teacher on duty. Lord Voldemort has returned and we need to remain calm and prepare for war." All the students and teachers all gather back into the school and the parents start to rush off home.

"Senior and Junior Head Students lead everyone to their common rooms. Prefects, make sure no one is left behind or leaves their dormitories until instructed." Professor McGonagall announces through the rush. I grab Luna and Lily, making sure that they had someone to hold on to as they begin to follow the RavenClaw prefect.

A FEW DAYS LATER

All the students were chatting in the Great Hall quietly as we waited for this morning's announcements anxiously. It was either bad news or no news, never anything good.

"Hush, students." Professor Snape quiets everyone down. Professor Dumbledore walks up to the podium. Beside him stood an ugly and rather plump women, who was dressed in a ridiculous pink outfit and wore a snooty look on her face like she'd just sucked on a lemon.

"I would like to introduce our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge." Dumbledore sits down as Umbridge starts to make a speech. It was rare when I could read Dumbledore's EE, but right now I could read it and it scared be that our own Principal, one of the most powerful wizards in the world, was as scared as us. After a droning ten minutes, Umbridge finishes and sits down. "Let the feast begin," Dumbledore calls awkwardly through the silence and food appears on each table. Everyone digs in and soon after, we finish and walk to our first class.

"There is something strange about Umbridge," I state my observations and Ginny, Myles, Hermione, Ron and Harry give me a look. "Besides the fact that she's ugly and wears ridiculous outfits." I try not to laugh.

"Can't you see, Luc? She works for the Ministry, she's going to try and stop us from learning spells because the Ministry thinks Harry, Cedric and Myles are lying and that Dumbledore is trying to take over." Hermione sighs. My mind drifts to Cedric, the poor boy was still recovering in hospital, but he was okay with Cho visiting him everyday. He's now became an honorary member of the Killing Curse Survivalist club.

"That's a load of rubbish, of course, they're not lying. Besides Dumbledore rejected a job as the Minister, why would he want it now?" I ask incredulously and everyone agrees. We arrive at our D.A.D.A lesson and say goodbye to Ginny. We take our seats as the lesson begins.

"Okay, class. Dispose of those books. We shall no longer be needing them." She waves her wand and Defence Against the Dark Arts: Volume One appears on our desks. I frown in confusion.

"We've already learnt this." I raise my hand and state to Umbridge.

"Miss Granger, the Ministry thinks you shouldn't be learning spells you won't need." She smiles fakely. Her aura was awful. No matter how much pink she worse, there's no way she could cover up her horrible personality.

"We'll need them because Voldemort is back. The Ministry is just trying to make sure they don't look bad." I spat and everyone stares at me in shock. I have never spoke against a teacher, but this wasn't a teacher I respected.

"Miss Granger, are you suggesting the Ministry is lying?" Umbridge asks, an almost threatening tone in her voice as if she was daring me to speak against the Wizarding government.

"I didn't say they were telling the truth, did I, Professor?" I ask snarkily.

"Detention, Miss Granger." Umbridge frowns at me.

"Well, I'm sorry you can't take the truth, Umbridge." I hiss and start to walk out.

"Come back here, Miss Granger before I give you a week's detention!" Umbridge yells at me.

"Try me, PigFace!" I yell back, not turning around. I didn't have to listen to that toad.