31 - No Messing With McGonagall

LUCY'S POV

LUCY'S POV

I sneak through the castle, knowing that Jarlsburg and his idiotic friends would be patrolling the hallways in favour of Snape and his Death Eater friends.

"It's one of them!" I hear a nasally shriek and I turn to see the Carrows. Not hesitating for anyone, I sprint towards McGonagall's office, just narrowly avoiding Harrison.

"Get her!" Alecto shouts again.

"Expelliarmus!" I shock her quickly before ducking Amycus' continuous flow of spells. "Stupefy," I yell and manage to make it into McGonagall's office and close the door.

"Miss Granger?" Minerva looks at me shocked.

"Minerva..." I stutter, feeling faint again. Professor McGonagall catches me as I trip and she sits me down.

"Let me in, McGonagall!" Alecto yells and continues to bang on the ivory and wood door.

"Everyone... safety... war... tunnel... Aberforth..." I stutter as the door bangs open.

"Stupefy!" I feel the spell shock my body and hot pain seared throughout my nervous system before my vision fades into darkness.

MYLES' POV

I watch Lucy disapparate with Luna. Everyone looks at each other in shock.

"I'm going after them." Hermione closes her eyes.

"No, you're not." Ron grabs his girlfriend's wrist.

"My twin and one of my best friends disapparated into a castle with escaped Death Eaters and a spy for a Headmaster. I almost lost my sister once, I'm not going to again, Ronald." Hermione yanks her arm out of Ron's hand before closing her eyes. I grab Ginny's arm and we all disapparate. "Ron, go back to Shell Cottage. I can do this." I hear Hermione hiss.

"No, I won't let you." Ron stubbornly objects.

"Why not?" Hermione asks unhappily.

"Because I don't want to lose you." I let the couple have their moment.

"Let's go," Harry states as we sneak towards the Three Broomsticks. I hear snatchers cackles from around the corner.

"There are the Potter boys and their stupid friends, quick before we lose them again!" I hear one of the Snatchers shriek.

"Run!" Harry commands urgently and we all sprint as fast as we can.

"Expelliarmus!" Ginny yells, hitting one of the snatchers directly in the chest.

"Stupefy!" Hermione and Ron yell simultaneously.

"Potter and Potter. Here now and bring your friends." A large bearded man with twinkling brown eyes leads us into a secret room.

"I was expecting you especially after Lucy and Luna explained what they did, apparating into the middle of a catcher-infested Hogsmeade." He bumbles.

"Who are you?" Harry holds his wand up defensively.

"Put your wand down, boy. The name is Aberforth Dumbledore, your old Headmaster's younger brother." He grins weakly.

"Where are they, are they alright?" Hermione asks frantically, squabbling like a mother hen.

"Your friends, such nice girls. They went to Hogwarts to save your school mates." Aberforth explains calmly.

"How did they get there without being caught by Snape?" I ask confused. Snape most likely had bodyguards at every nook and cranny.

"They went through a tunnel from here, behind the painting." Aberforth's gaze focused on a painting of a beautiful young woman with bright blue eyes and wavy hair.

"Thank you for everything, Aberforth." Ginny thanks him as we hop into the tunnel.

"Good luck." He smiles and we set off down the dark tunnel.

"Lumos." Ron lights up the tunnel as we continue. We almost reach the end of the tunnel when we run into a tall lanky figure.

"Harry, Myles?" Neville asks, his lip bruised and his face scarred with large cuts.

"Yeah." I grin and Neville holds up his wand threateningly. I wasn't surprised, anyone could easily get a Polyjuice potion nowadays.

"How do I know it's actually you?" I roll my eyes and sigh before squeezing them shut, trying to think of happy memories.

"Expecto Patronum!" I yell and a large lion patronus roars before running to the end of the tunnel.

"It's them, they're back!" I heard an energetic Samantha Creevey shouts with joy. We all walk with Neville to the end of the tunnel and a large applause and praise echoed throughout the chamber. All the Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws had set up camp down here, ignoring Snape's watchful eye.

"Luna!" Ginny laughs with relief as she hugs her friend tightly.

"Where's Lu?" An eerie silence spread through the room as everyone avoided eye contact. Dean looks at me as if he wanted to blurt something out. Sean was horrible at hiding anything.

"It's okay, Dean. You can tell us," I smirk tauntingly.

"Dean, don't. We promised." Jake somewhat pleaded as he desperately tried to keep his friend quiet.

"Lucy went to go see McGonagall and we couldn't tell her about the death eaters because she left before we could." Dean blurts out, looking relieved but scared as everyone glared at him.

"And you just let her go!" Hermione yells at Seamus, Dean and Jake, who shrink in a frightened manner. I would be scared to if I had Hermione trying to rip my head off. Hermione growls before marching out of the chamber.

"Hermione!" Ron sprints after her with us in tow. We duck and dodge through the hallways before managing to make it McGonagall's office. My eyes widen in shock at the sight. Alecto and Amycus Carrow were tied up and knocked out on the floor as Madam Pomfrey and Minerva stood around Lucy, nursing her as she weakly smiled. Their eyes snap up and Lucy's eyes drop to her lap, knowing she's about to get an earful from Hermione.

"Lucy!" Hermione hugs her sister and smiles, knowing that she was okay. "Never do that again! You were seriously injured and you could've been splinched! You worried us all!" I watch laughing as Ron picks up Hermione, so she'll stop yelling at poor Lucy, and calms her down in the corner.

"She's right, never do that again." I kiss my girlfriend on the forehead and she smiles, her ocean blue eyes locked on mine. She was safe, that's all I needed to know.