04 - Qudditch Kings

LUCY'S POV

LUCY'S POV

All of us were sitting at the table during breakfast after an extraordinary month at Hogwarts. Our usual morning chitchat was soon interrupted by the owls delivering packages. Two small packages were dropped in front of Hermione and I, containing a package of muggle sweet treats from our aunt in Australia. I notice that Myles and Harry hadn't gotten anything and I felt awful. I magic up a small container and place inside some sweets for them to share.

"Here, share these with Harry." I handed Myles the small container. The boy smiles at me thankfully, taking the package from my hand. His fingers linger on mine for a couple seconds and I pretend like I didn't notice it as we continued to eat. Neville, who was excited to finally receive something, got a Remembrall from his grandmother, to help him remember his school books and other important things.

We soon joined our first lesson for the day, which just so happened to be broomstick riding. The professor had warned us not to fly to more than a couple of metres above the ground and as if he'd been jinxed, Neville's broomstick became uncontrollable and he ended up in an accident.

"No riding." Madam Cooch had intrsucted sternly as she escorted poor Neville to the hospital wing.

"Look, it's Longbottom's stupid Remembrall." I look at Myles and notice how angry he is at the obnoxious Slytherin boy. I could feel Malfoy's gaze on me, but I refused to meet it.

"Myles, don't do it." I warn him quietly, placing a hand on his shoulder. Myles looks at me and the fire in his eyes calms a bit, his EE slightly fading from its angry colour.

"Come get it, Potter." is all I hear before Myles and Harry take off on their brooms, chasing after Malfoy. After a long battle in the sky, Harry grabbed it. When we thought it was all over, Malfoy proceeds to start yelling at everyone who had been cheering for Myles and Harry. I can't control my anger and I feel myself rise up into the air, all control leaving my body.

Power radiates around me as I feel my eyes glow. Everyone's eyes are on me, even Malfoy's yapping had slowly quieted down. A flash of golden light had stopped the boy before throwing him back. I grow tired as the power drains out of me and I'm slowly pulled back to the ground. Myles and Harry, who were still in the sky, rushed down to check me. I felt Hermione rush to my side.

"Lu, please tell me you're okay," Hermione states in a worried manner, brushing the hair out of my face as I slowly sit up.

"I'm fine, just drained," I reassure her with a smile.

"Move away from Miss Granger, everyone." I hear Professor McGonagall announce, pushing through the crowd of students, who I hadn't noticed had surrounded me.

"Do they know?" I ask her, making sure the others couldn't hear. McGonagall shakes her head. "Ah!" My head feels as if it's about to explode, a painful thumping banging on my skull. McGonagall quickly recognises what's happening and turns to Myles.

"Myles, take her to the Hospital Wing. I need to tell them." She orders him and I feel Myles pick me up. I attempt to protest, but he draws me close and begins making his way to Madam Pomfrey.

"Thank you." I sigh as I rest my head against his chest, my thumping headache becomes worse, almost unbearable. "I can walk." I push away from him and attempt to walk, but my vision begins to cloud and I can feel myself losing consciousness as I collapse on the ground, groaning in agony.

"Lucy!" Myles yells in shock, kneeling beside me and cradling my head

"I feel a bit dizzy," I murmur dreamily. My whole body aches, my back feeling like it's killing me as my vision goes blurry.

"Luc, stay awake." His voice seems to echo. The irony of it all being that my eyelids felt as if they were being nailed shut. Myles' voice fades into darkness as my vision goes black.

MYLES' POV

After Lucy blacks out, I frantically pick her up and ran to the hospital wing.

"Madam Pomfrey!" I yell in a panic and Madam Pomfrey rushes towards her, feeling her temperature.

"Merlin." Madam Pomfrey gasps, studying the girl that laid almost crumpled in my arms. She was shaking and burning up like crazy. I carefully place her on a nearby hospital bed and stand over her.

"What's going on?" My attention turns to the nurse, my heart racing with worry.

"She's transforming." I frown in confusion, the thought of Lucy's half blood DNA slipping my mind. I'm shocked to see beautiful gold patterns slowly crawling up her arms, staining her skin like a tattoo. I watch as I saw a pair of feathery white wings pop out of her back. I immediately ran back to the field.

"Professor!" I yell, running as fast as I can. Professor McGonagall spins around. "She's transformed." I gasp for air, my lungs burning. "She fainted and everything's just started to happen and-" I try to calm down.

"She what?!" Hermione interrupts me, her eyes almost popping out of her head.

"She's fine, but she's just not a half-blood anymore." I turn to the worried brunette. Ron, Harry and Hermione ran with me back to the hospital wing as Professor McGonagall explains what's going on to a very confused class.

Lucy lay peacefully in her bed, her wings folded neatly as she slept. Her EE shone pure white like most people's EEs did when they slept, but the specks of gold revealed what I had guessed in the first place. Ron, Harry and Hermione stare at the sleeping girl as her eyes twitch. She groans and wakes up.

"What happened?" She rubs her eyes slowly, trying to allow her eyes to adjust to the sudden change in light. "What?" She asked tiredly as we stare. She stood up and makes her way over to the mirror that sat in the corner. Her eyes widen and she almost fell over in shock. "Oh my gosh." She stares at her reflection, glaring at it critically. Her EE shone a pale grey. All of a sudden, her wings disappeared and her aura faded to green. "Thank Merlin." She mutters, brushing herself off. We hear the clicking of high heels inside the hospital wing and we turn to see Professor McGonagall.

"Potter and Potter, come with me." Harry and I look at each other knowingly and we walk quickly follow Professor McGonagall down the hall, not wanting to get into anymore trouble.

"Can I please have Wood, Professor?" She asks the D.A.D.A teacher.

"Of course." He obliges, stuttering nervously and Wood walks out of the classroom with Professor McGonagall.

"Wood, I've found you a new seeker and chaser. Harry, Myles, this is Oliver Wood, Quidditch Captain for Gryffindor." She introduces us. Harry and I both look at each other in shock as the two begin to discuss our skills.

"Are you sure? They're first years." He asks her, looking at us with doubt. He was definitely unsure, but he did have a spark of hope.

"Wood, you should have seen their flying, it was amazing." She told him without a single doubt in mind.

"You both will be trained to be the finest Quidditch players ever,"

And that is how our story officially began.