03 - Monster

EE/aura — Emotional Energy

LUCY'S POV

During my escape, I turn the corner and I run into Professor McGonagall.

"What's wrong, Miss Granger?" She asks, formally with a tone of concern. The green part of her aura grew brighter as she watched me through wide eyes. I must have looked horrific.

"I need your help." I wipe my tears and she leads me to her study and I let myself sink into a rather large and comfortable arm chair.

"How can I help?" She asks, listening intently.

"Well, I feel like a monster," I tell her, still a bit upset.

"How so?" She asks and looks at me, still slight confused by my abrupt tear fest.

"Ron, Harry, Myles, Hermione and I had a run in with Draco. We were arguing and I stood up for Myles." I start to explain the situation. "Then Draco said I was nothing but a filthy disgusting mudblood. I don't what came over me. I felt my body being taken over by power and I had no control of my actions. I threw Draco against the wall and punched him. After what happened, I got control of body again and everyone was staring at me. They were scared of me, none of them would go near me except my friends. So I ran." I cried. She looks at me with shock, but keeps her cool.

"Wait a minute." She mutters and grabs a book from the towering overcrowded bookshelf. She flips through the pages and stops. Her eyes widen slightly before she looks up at me again

"What is it?" I ask, trying to look at the pages. She grabs her wand and put it near her mouth.

"Ronald Weasley, Hermione Granger, Myles and Harry Potter, please make your way to Professor McGonagall's office immediately." She speaks into the wand like a microphone. "I've got an answer for you, Lucy. Just wait for the others." A couple of minutes later, they all come in.

"Lucy! You're okay." Hermione sighs with relief and hugs me. Myles stands beside the armchair  that I had slouched myself in and grabs my hand, squeezing it comfortingly. I squeeze back, allowing myself to calm down a bit.

"Now, we have serious business after what happened with Mr Malfoy." McGonagall sighs.

"What's going on?" Harry asks, his voice evidently worried. He didn't want us to get into trouble.

"Lucy's reaction was different because she's an Angelus Bellator." Hermione gasp and the others and I just look at Professor McGonagall confused. Of course my sister would know what that meant.

"I knew it," Hermione mutters to herself and turns to face me. "Lucy, you're an half-blood angel. You have features of an angel such as wisdom, leadership and beauty, you just don't have wings yet." Hermione explains and I gasp softly.

"So what you're suggesting is that my strength took over because of anger and upset emotions?" I question her and she nods, not knowing how else to respond.

"Well, they were right about beauty." Myles cheekily grins and I feel my fade turn red as Professor McGonagall glares at him.

"Mr Potter, I do not tolerate flirting in my office." Myles' face lights up red like a Christmas tree and the three remaining misfits laugh their asses off.

"I need to tell Professor Dumbledore." Professor McGonagall mutters.

"Do I tell anyone?" I ask, not sure if I was ready to let everyone know of my secret identity.

"No, I will inform the other students when the time comes." She assured me as we left the office. When the time comes... I didn't know if I was ready for the time to come.

"Lu, I don't think you realise. You are one of the most powerful creatures in the world." Hermione told me and I feel myself getting more agitated, I clench my fists in an attempt to calm down.

"But I'm not a creature, 'Mione! I'm your sister." Hermione hoes to apologise, but I keep talking, not wanting to hear it. "Can you all just promise me one thing?" The four nod for me to continue. "Treat me like a human," I ask them and they agree silently, all flashing me a sympathetic smile. We walk to our dorms. "See you tomorrow," I hug the boys.

Myles holds on for a little longer and I relax, allowing myself to calm down for the fifth time today before walking to the girls' dorm with Hermione. Some of the girls are still awake and flinch as I walk in. "Don't be scared, please." I hop into my pyjamas and hop into bed. I fall asleep almost immediately, dreams of prophecies and angels filling my head.