Chapter 5: You are literally kicking me out!

Dad had left right after the appointment. He said it was because he had something that had to be finished ASAP back home. The rest of us went to the third floor of the bridal shop to find their bridesmaids dresses.

We all pick out several different types of dress that can be made in the same color and material. There are so many to pick out from. Wait! What colors are we even looking for? Just like my wedding dress I haven't even thought of bridesmaids dresses either. This is how uninterested I was with wedding planning.

"Mom? Mrs. Jamerson... Excuse me Rose." I looked over and they were sitting on large white chairs with my grandma. They are chit chattering away.

"Yes." They all said in unison.

"Um, we haven't even talked about the colors we should pick out."

"Well your mother and I have chosen the color scheme. The colors are going to be light colors like beige, pink and purple." Rose said as she imagined it in her mind.

Ashley, Recce, Mindy all came out in the first dress they picked out. They all look so beautiful all three come out in a light purple dress. Recce, my maid of honor comes out with a long chiffon dress with a sweetheart neckline. It has a high slit on the left dress. Ashley has on a dress with a sweetheart neckline but with a one shoulder that has chiffon flowing to her hips. Then I see Mindy the more conservative one has on an empire dress with cap sleeves enough for her to feel comfortable.

 Then I see Mindy the more conservative one has on an empire dress with cap sleeves enough for her to feel comfortable

Mom, Rose and Grandma all approved of the dresses. The seamstress took the measurements of all the girls getting everything right. After a long day of shopping and wedding stuff we all went to La Famiglia Italian restaurant for dinner. Around 10 p.m at night we all went our own ways back home. After today I just want to go to bed and sleep.

As we arrived home the front gates opened, all of the outdoor lights were on and there was a moving truck. What is a moving truck doing here? Um, can someone move in the house? Did Dad sell our house? Is Mom redecorating the house again? It wouldn't be the first time she has done this. Or is my Grandma moving in the house? Are we moving out of the house? If that is happening why didn't my parents tell me? My mind rambled on with so many questions.

"Mom, what is happening?" She doesn't answer. I start to worry. "Mom. Why are you not answering me?" She stayed quiet. 

"Your father will explain everything to you." She didn't look me in the eyes. She parked the car in the garage. As soon as she turned off the car I hopped out as fast as I could and ran in the house to find my Dad because he is the man with the answers. He was at the entrance of the front door talking on the cellphone. As soon as he saw me he finished his call.

I asked him right away.

"Dad, what is happening? Why is there a moving truck here? I asked mom but she didn't say anything." He ran his hand through his pepper colored hair. He doesn't look me in the eye just like the night they explained to me that I was going to be in an arranged marriage. My heart rate sped up. He had some news that I am not going to like. After a slow minute he finally spoke.