Chapter 18: In Your Dreams

Here is a new chapter hope you enjoy it!

***

It was the day that I had been dreading, the last day here in Paris

It was the day that I had been dreading, the last day here in Paris. That morning I thought of the night before the kiss that James stole from me. He took me by surprise. Our bags were all packed up and set next to the door. We only have a couple of hours left before we have to head out to the airport. Before leaving the airport we made a couple of pit stops near the hotel to buy a couple of souvenirs. There were a couple of cute shops near where they sold souvenirs and desserts. I got myself a box of chocolates, a couple of bags of the delicious coffee beans, a black beret, and a couple of postcards with the landmarks in Paris. We went back to the hotel where our suitcases are in the SUV waiting in front of the hotel. Twe started the drive but instead of going to the route to the airport we had a detour.

We were going around the city, "where are we going James? We are going to miss our flight!" In all honestly I didn't really care if we missed our flight. Another couple of days away from reality and responsibilities would be okay with me.

"Don't worry about it. I have it all under control. We could spare a moment. I have something planned."

The SUV parked near a bridge. I remember the day I came by myself sightseeing when I took the boat ride. James got out of the SUV. He walked over to my side of the SUV opening the door. He adjusted his coat and held his hand out. My warm hand glided into his hand. With the other hand I wrapped my scarf over my neck. The icy breeze engulfed me. My blood rushed to my ears. I adjusted my hair to cover my ears. As we got closer I noticed the bridge had locks. They were different shapes and colors. Thousand upon thousands of locks hanging on the bridge.

"James STOP! Tell me where you are taking me?" I stopped on my tracks.

He stopped and faced me. "Look over there at the bridge." He nodded his head towards the bridge. "It's the love lock bridge. Or as Google properly corrects me. It is the Pont des Arts. I know it wasn't the best honeymoon I could have given you but I would like to leave something here... maybe we can come back to look for it if this relationship does work out. So before we leave, let's leave a lock."

My heart warmed up. This has to be one of the sweetest things that he has done so far. It gave me a tiny amount of hope that our relationship can work.

"OH! But we don't have a lock. Do you really think that this relationship can work. This bridge has a lot of locks for people who are in love." It's true! It's for people who are in love.

We are far from being in love.

Well true love to be exact.

"There are probably many who didn't work out and theirs are still here. There are probably some that are in the same situation being arranged from people all over the world. If we work out we can tell our children that we left a lock and took a leap of faith." He kindly smiled. He was melting my heart. I could kiss him right now. "Come on let's find a spot for our lock."