Chapter 25: Just My Luck!

It was early morning when I woke up, the sun hadn't gone up yet. I scrolled through social media watching a compilation of funny dog moments. I looked over to the left hand corner of my phone to look at the time it was 6:17 a.m. Lying on my bed I knew I wouldn't go back to sleep. I thought to myself since I have been here for a couple of months now I have not gone to explore the woods. Not caring what I look like, I got out of the bed and slipped out of my pajamas. I put on some work out clothes black leggings, a black tank top, bright blue zipped hoodie, and my dirty grey Nike running shoes. I brushed my hair into a simple ponytail too lazy to braid my hair. Across the hall I heard James snoring. I never noticed that he snored. How would I? He was rarely home and rarely slept in his room. Before leaving the house I grabbed my wireless headphones. I chose my oldies but goodies playlist. The playlist consisted of Etta James, The Temptations, Rosie and the Originals and many more.

I put on my sunglasses and was ready for a small adventure

I put on my sunglasses and was ready for a small adventure. I stepped on to the trail near the lake leading towards the pine trees. The sun was slowly rising peeking behind the large pine trees, the reflection on the water sparkled with the rays of the run. The sky was changing from the light purples, dark blues and transitioning to beautiful yellows. Off in the distance birds were flying above the water. I loved this place! It was a little piece of heaven. I really did. It would be wrong to not explore it every once in a while.

The fresh clean air entered my lungs every time I breathed in and breathed out. While I walked the trail under my feet light crackles from dry pine needles and twigs. I took a detour that was not on the trail. Lost in this beautiful scenery I lost track of time and I found myself lost. I reached a patch of land with a large tree trunk that had fallen. The walk up here got me hot so I took off my hoodie and stretched my leg muscles. After I stretched I faced the lake and just relaxed listening to the music. While I sat on the fallen tree trunk I watched from afar in the distance a group of people just walking, they were probably getting their day started with a morning workout. Or maybe they were on a hike. A couple of them had backpacks on them. The hike they look like they know what they are doing, not like me. I never really been on a hike until today. I didn't know when I was on the small hike that I would be going over large rocks and small hills.

I grabbed my sunglasses and set them on top of my head as I got a better look at the view. The hairs behind my neck raised. I could feel someone was right behind me. My mind went to a serial killer and was at his area where he hid the bodies or maybe he killed the victims. Blinded by the sun, I saw hands in front of my face. Even worse, someone's sweaty hands.

I should have screamed.

I raised my hand to my forehead giving my eyes some shadow giving them some time to adjust to see who was with me. When I looked back up I saw it was James. The prince had woken up. My eyes trailed from his face down his neck, along his chest. I kept it cool. I didn't want him to sense that I saw him as attractive. Damn! I tried not to smile or bite my lip. I didn't want to give him that satisfaction. He looked so hot. He was glowing in sweat and he was shirtless. He had his shirt wrapped around his neck. He took it off and wiped the sweat off the side of his face.