Chapter 33: This is My Way of Thanking You

I am dedicating this chapter to AnaDream7 ! Girl where have you been?! I am glad that you are back. Thank you for making my night. I saw ALL of your comments and votes there were so many. Thank you! Hope you like this chapter. ❤️

New chapter!

Enjoy:)

                       *****

Alice

I was warm with arms wrapped around me. Soft lips pressed on my forehead. I fluttered my eyes open. As my eyes adjusted to the light of the room I woke up to James facing me with a warm smile. I lifted my hand skimming over the healing cuts on his beautiful face that had been damaged yesterday. My eyes and fingers feathered around the cuts. Why couldn't yesterday be a nightmare rather than a reality.

  Why couldn't yesterday be a nightmare rather than a reality

"Good morning." He snuggled in closer to me burying his face in my hair. I loved his morning voice, it was so husky and deeper than usual.

"Good morning. Who knew that hospital beds could be so comfortable." I confessed.

"I'm guessing you slept well."

I nodded.

I glanced at the clock near the tv. It was 9:26 a.m. "I think it's time to get up." I smiled. I gently tried to get it but James didn't budge to move his arms. Even injured he managed to still keep me in place.

"No stay. I like to lay down with you. You are like a personal teddy bear." He pulled me closer to his warm body.

"Oh really? It's breakfast time. Have they brought you something to eat? Are you hungry?" I was already blabbing off with my questions.

"Yeah a nurse came earlier but I told her that I was going to wait until you woke up."

That made my heart melt. He could have just woken me up but didn't choose to.

"Oh. you shouldn't have. You must be hungry. Maybe they have something good at the cafeteria." He let go of me and I sat on the bed. I slid on one of my shoes, "maybe if I take a stroll around the hospital, I may find myself a Mr.Mcdreamy or a McSteamy." I smirked.

"The only McSomething you will find is me. Your McHusband." He pulled me back onto the bed.

I couldn't help but laugh. He knew his Grey's Anatomy cast well. If he knew the nicknames he must have watched his fair share of the episodes.

"You did not just say that." I chuckled. "I'll be back." I sat up on the bed slipping on my shoes. When there was a knock at the door that pulled us away from our Grey's Anatomy conversation. My parents, James' dad and Jasmine walked in.

"James, are you okay?" Jasmine rushed to her wounded brother sitting next to him where I was previously sitting. She checked his face and arms, every inch of his body.