Chapter 45: Just Listen to Me Please

The FINAL chapter :(

*****

James 

Alice, pregnant with my baby

I knew that I had to go to her. I couldn't imagine how she was feeling at that moment and I wished that we were in better standings with each other. There was nothing that I could do to change what happened in New York with her cousin. But now the results had come out that I wasn't the father I knew that could help me convince Alice to talk to me. The results were my way to having a future with Alice. I needed to be there with her. After hanging up the phone with grandma Marylin I scrambled to the computer booking the next ticket to Chicago but there were no flights going out to Chicago tonight. Not till the next morning at nine in the morning after the snow storm warnings got lifted. I needed to tell Alice everything. I need to tell her that I loved her and I would do anything to get her back. I regret everything that happened between her cousin and I. If I could take that night away I would. I fucked up. She opened eyes to care for another person. She wasn't just another girl that I would fuck and go on to the next. My parents loved her and so did my sister. She was patient with me after my accident. She had to put up with me each time I was a fucking dickhead here and while we were on our honeymoon.

Our fucking honeymoon!

That night I packed whatever I could that would be suitable for the freezing cold weather. If Alice was here she would have been prepared for a trip like going to Chicago. She remembered everything for my New York trip. Fuck. I mentally punched myself for getting myself into this situation. I knew that once I saw her I had to make it better. Throughout the night I woke up. Each time that I glanced at the clock on the nightstand I was hours away there was still a lot of time. I kept tossing and turning in the bed waiting for it to be morning. Every time that I tossed to the opposite side of our bed I could still smell the scent on her pillow of her soft floral perfume. I could picture her silently sleeping with her lips slightly parted and a few strands of her brown hair covering her face. I had to calm myself down. I knew that I would get to her. I just hoped she would listen to me when it came down to when we would be face to face.

Alice

Grandma was off to her friend's house who lives behind her house for their daily afternoon tea. Her neighbor was an older English woman who used to be an actress back in the 50s. I've gone to her house a couple of times since I got here. She was a very elegant woman. Her house was filled with movie posters, awards and pictures through the years she was an actress. She even has a picture with the handsome man of James Dean. She mentioned that it was the last time she saw him before his fatal accident. When I remembered the picture of James Dean it just made me think about James my James.

I tossed aside the thought of James and focused to what I was doing. I was helping Brenda clean up around the house before she left with the baby. Brenda mentioned to me that every Tuesday afternoons she would leave with baby Brady and Robert meeting up with friends and their children on their weekly playdate. This would be the second play date that they would go on. They of course invited me to but I would feel a bit awkward because I don't have a baby or really never took care of one. But look at me now, I am pregnant, I am not with the father of my child, and I will soon have to start going to these play dates in the near future. And when they would leave for the playdate it would leave the house all to myself. Being inside the house was starting to make me crazy... well more irritated. I had to do something I couldn't hide in here forever. So I decided to go out for a walk. Maybe some fresh air would do me good. I seriously wished my friends were here to talk to and hang out. They have been so good at keeping me updated for what is happening back home and keeping me away from James. Everyday I would send them in our group chat what I have been up to. I haven't yet told them the news that I was pregnant. It is a bit much to handle. All that happened this year to me had turned my life upside down for better and worse.