Chapter 30: Drunken Mistake

New chapter.

Enjoy!

*****

James 

New York city, a city that I had never spent more than a few hours in. The times that i sis come was when my dad in person meetings which was only for a couple of hours and would go back home right after. I had the city to myself. I was in the city for several days. I had some time to do something in the city. I really wished that I had Alice here with me. She would have some activities to do while we were here. She would have made me go to a museum or go sightseeing. When I had time I went out, I saw a small kiosk of keychains, I love nyc shirts and other souvenirs, any small trinket with the I Love New York logo. I bought Alice a keychain that had a red apple, the statue of Liberty and the Empire state building. It wasn't much but I knew that she would like it.

I didn't think that a week in New York would go so fast. It is my last night in New York so Kevin and Nathan, the two people who just joined my Dad's security company to join together and become business associates, this was helping my dad's company go nationwide.

 It is my last night in New York so Kevin and Nathan, the two people who just joined my Dad's security company to join together and become business associates, this was helping my dad's company go nationwide

They invited me out for dinner at the hotel that I was staying at. I of course gladly accepted the offer. Fortunately during the dinner we didn't talk about business, it was a lot of guy talk, cars, the top spots to visit while in New York and sports. A little after 10 p.m we finished dinner and said our goodbyes.

As it was my last night here in New York city, the city treated me well but I wanted to go home and see Alice. I was glad that my Dad gave me the opportunity for me to come here to do all the work getting everything signed myself. It's a big step for both of us because I didn't think he would have given me a chance and prove to him that I could do this. As Kevin and Nathan exited the hotel's restaurant I walked over to the bar area to get a drink before I headed up to my room. Before I could order my drink the bartender slid a shot glass that I didn't order.

"Hey, I didn't order this." I held up the shot glass.

"It's from the young woman." He signaled to the far side of the bar. I turned my head towards the direction he signed. That young woman was the one and only Tiffany, Alice's cousin.

What was she doing here?

She stood up from the chair she was sitting at and walked over to me. As she was walking over to me it was as if she was in slow motion. Her long blond waved hair bouncing every time she takes a step closer. She had this thing about her, her confidence as she walked. She knew she was hot and could get any guy's attention in the room. If i were in a movie this was the moment in which as the very attractive woman walked to the man he would be wiping the saliva away from his chin.

At that moment I knew I was that guy.

Keep calm James, she is just your wife's cousin.