Chapter 14: Not Wifey Like

In my sleep I heard the bing of the hotel door key letting access to open the door. My eyes felt like heavy curtains but I managed to open them to see who was in here. Perhaps it was the cleaning services. I uncovered my face, my blurry vision cleared up and James walked in the room with two large suitcases. He glanced over to the bed and walked straight into the bathroom. I didn't say anything to him. I went back to sleep as I heard water running from the shower.

I felt so exhausted my hair ached, my body, and my feet as well. I popped my head out of the covers and stared at the wall dazed to where I was. I rubbed my eyes with my left hand and felt my skin tear. Ouch. I looked down at my hands and forgot to take off my rings before going to sleep. Suddenly I was aware of where I was at. Aware of another's presence in the room with me and on the bed next to me. I felt heaviness, an arm around my waist. I lifted the covers and James's arm was holding me. His face was nestled in my hair. His bare chest on me. It didn't register until now that I am particularly naked with this man in bed. A wave of nervousness swallowed my body. I have never been this exposed to opposite sex on a bed. I paused those nerves away and my blood started to bubble. The nerve, the audacity he had to come back lay next to me after god knows what he did. I slung his arm off of me and not gently but he didn't budge. I sat up, arms crossed my chest and stared at his beautiful face. A beautiful face that I love to smother with one of these soft hotel pillows. I do hope he had fun last night. After several hours of deep sleep a shower was needed. Near the entrance of the bathroom I noticed my bright yellow suitcase with the sunflower sticker near the handle. I jumped out of the bed and opened my suitcase. The item inside was the item of clothing that I needed last night. In the suitcase I found one pair of sweats and a couple of shirts to sleep in. I dug between my clothes and I grabbed a pair of black jeans and a white T-shirt and a warm oversized brown plaid jacket. There were so many clothes in this suitcase. After grabbing the essentials I went to take a long hot shower. After drying myself I blow dried my hair and applied some makeup covering the dark circles under my eyes. I slipped on my shirt and jeans but didn't button them up . What am I forgetting to put on? I forgot my shoes. I walked out of the bathroom and half changed. I jump a little trying to get my jeans on. I leaned down to the suitcase and found a pair of dark brown boots with a chunky heel.

Cute.

"Well how tight are those jeans that you cannot fit in?" He was awake. I turned around and James was in a sitting position on the bed. His arms were behind his head in a very relaxed position. I got a better view of his torso as the natural light peaked through the windows. How long has he been up? He probably watched me fighting while putting on my jeans.

"They care called skinny jeans for a reason. Even when social media influences say they are not in style right now they will be to me. I will never let these go." I exhaled and I finally got the jeans to zip up. I sat on the edge of the bed as I slipped my engagement ring on my finger and. Now my wedding band. I was so used to having the ring on my finger it was weird when I didn't have it on me.

"Where are you going?" He asked as he got off of his seating position and lies down next to me propping his elbows keeping his head up.

I stuffed my shoes into the boots. "Uhm.. I am going downstairs to eat breakfast." I paused.

Should I ask him if he wants to go?

He answered the question for me. "Wait for me, yeah. I am starving, let me just change." He got out of bed and changed into jeans, a plain, black shirt with a black plaid jacket which was similar to mine.

Aw don't we look cute together. We had similar outfits. Aren't we so cute? My inner sarcasm was talking to me.

I let out a small laugh. Wait for him, he said. Yeah but that's not what he said last night. Don't wait for me, Wifey. I rolled my eyes.