Chapter 42: Its Not Mine

Enjoy:)

*****

Alice 

For everything that I have been dealing with James for the past year and a half I find out that he got my cousin Tiffany pregnant

For everything that I have been dealing with James for the past year and a half I find out that he got my cousin Tiffany pregnant. What have I've done to deserve this? There were so many places I could have gone to but at that moment I didn't know where to go. I didn't know where to go to all those places poof gone. I couldn't go to one of my friends and ruin their thanksgiving dinner with my problems. I kept on driving until I almost ran out of gas. I sat in the car with hot tears running down my face. My vision was blurry. I wiped off my wet face with the sleeve of my dress. My phone kept ringing and beeping each time I got a call or text message but on the night that I was sent to live with James I shut my phone off. I didn't want anything to do with anyone.

When my vision came back and I looked where I was at and down the street was a small bed and breakfast inn that was open twenty-four hours. Oh please have an open room. Being Thanksgiving weekend there was a possibility that most hotels or in my case a bed and breakfast could be all taken. I didn't know where to go next. I grabbed my purse and keys and I locked my car up. Worn out I walked into the small foyer where there was a cute little old man in a dark orange sweater vest and dark green pants. His hair was dark gray with a funny mustache that twists at the ends. He was reading a book behind the front desk. He peeped behind his book pushing his wire rimmed glasses up the bridge of his nose.

"Happy Thanksgiving young lady. How can I help you?" He stood up from his seat, placing his book on the desk.

"Happy Thanksgiving to you too. I was wondering if you have a room available?" I asked as I tried to keep my voice in a normal tone.

"As a matter of fact, yes there is Miss. Would you like to get one?"

"Yes please. Just one bedroom for the night."

He turned around and grabs a key from the locked cabinet

"Here you go. Call us for anything, extra pillows or any questions at all. Breakfast is from seven to ten in the morning. Have a goodnight." He handed me one single copper color key with the tag that has the number 3.

"Thank you so much. You too, have a good night." I weakly smiled at him and took the key in my hand. I didn't pay attention to my surroundings. I just wanted to get into room three and forget what just happened back at my house. The bed and breakfast had an old Victorian style with the wall paper being the most obvious. I looked at each door in the hallway and on a large copper number three near the peep hole. When I finally located the room and unlocked it and entered the room.

Closing the door behind me I started to uncontrollably cry. My body hit the floor as I slid down the door. He got her pregnant. But why? My face fell into my hands. This couldn't be happening to me. Not with him. History was repeating itself again but this time it involved a baby. A baby who is not at fault in this situation that he or she could control. This poor baby was going to grow up into a life with a mother who has hurt me so much.