Chapter 19:Duh I knew that

I didn't think that I would be happy to go back to work. I missed everyone at the office. I even miss the noise, the ringing of the phones, typing of the keyboards of the computers, clients going back and forth what they like for their homes.

I woke up extra early so I could find an outfit. I was indecisive of what I should wear. I was going back and forth in my closet if I should go over the top professional or go classy but casual.

Think, think, and think. A little light bulb turned on in my head.

Aha!

I picked out plaid high waist pants, a cream white crew neck sweater with a black blazer. I added small gold hoops and black suede flats. I left my hair down straight. After I changed I put on light makeup and headed downstairs to the kitchen to fix myself some breakfast. Before heading out of the house I grabbed a bag of coffee beans so everyone at the office could taste the coffee straight from France.

As I pulled up to the office building there were no cars in the parking lot. I am the first one here. As always. Keys in hand, the doors flung open, a gush of warm engulfed me.

"Al! Oh how much we have missed you." Mom embraced me into a tight hug. We stay like that for several seconds almost feeling like minutes. My face is buried in her hair. She smelled like her apple shampoo.

"Stop being so dramatic. I have only been away for a week." I closed the door behind me and we walked arms linked.

"How are you baby? How was the honeymoon?" She fixed some strands out of my face.

"It was good. Cold. But good."

"I bet. It must have been magical." She paused. "There is a surprise for you later in the afternoon."

"Surprise? Mom. I don't need any more surprises. Your last surprise didn't really end well." I reminded her.

"This surprise you will enjoy."

I don't trust her surprise. I brushed it off and did not try to over think about it.

I switched the light on at the receptionist's front desk. Before I set my black handbag under my desk I took out a small eiffel tower souvenir near the computer. Turning on the computer there was a lingering smell of coffee. I looked up and my dad had a paper bag in his mouth and managed to pull a chair next to me with two cups in hand. "Hi Dad." I got off of my chair walking over to him helping him with the cups.

He set the paper bag out on the desk, "my baby is finally back home," he wrapped his long dangly over me. My face was on his chest. I inhaled the light scent of his body shower. "I am so happy you are back. Here I brought you my favorite coffee and muffin." I pulled away from him taking the coffee and muffin.

"Thank you dad. Even though nothing can beat the coffee and croissants from Paris."

"I'll bet. Well people should start getting here any minute. Did your mom say that we all are having dinner with the Jamersons also?" He held my hand.

"No she did not tell me. Is that the surprise mom was telling me about?

"No, the surprise is for later."

Few minutes after talking to my dad about the sightseeing I heard a couple of cars start to pull up to the parking lot. Which means my co-workers were starting to arrive. I felt as if I hadn't been to work. It has been such a long time since I have had a full day of work. With the wedding preparations it took up so much of my time. Everything was in such a rush. Clacking noises from the high heels got louder as it echoed down the tile floor. I know as soon as I got up to greet everyone they started to swarm me with a million questions about the wedding and honeymoon.