Chapter 40: Bonnie & Clyde

Enjoy:)

*****

Alice 

James and I were still in the car when the vibration of the music from the party shook the car windows. I laughed to myself. They are out of their minds for having the music this loud. One thing that was on their side was that they live in recently built homes in the area and there are only a few new home owners around. Another advantage was that they live at the very back of the neighborhood so the music wouldn't sound so loud and the cops wouldn't be called to shut down the party. Before getting out of the car I checked my makeup one last time and reapplied another layer of red lipstick. I made a smacking noise with my lips and smiled at James as I saw him watching me from the corner of my eye.

"Have I told you how much I love when you wear red lipstick?" He leans in kissing the small area of my neck next to my collar bone.

"No you haven't. I should start wearing red lips more often." I turned my head to face him. "Come on, let's go. I'm so excited to see everyone's costume. This is the first year my friends and i are not going to be "

"Let's go in. I want to see everyone's costume. You know this is the first time in five years that my friends and I are not coordinating costumes."

"There is a first time for everything." He adjusted his hat.

We hopped out of the car and walked towards the house. There were a couple of party goers in the front of the house drinking on the lawn. Either Marcus and Ryan know how to decorate for a party or they had someone help them with setting up. Well if it was the guys or they got help they did a great job. These new houses all looked the same white paint and black roof tiles. Each of the windows had a red light making it look as if we were going to the entrance of hell. There were spider webs all around the bushes. Skeletons sat on a bench near the front door and a couple of carved out jack o'lanterns scattered around the area with different faces.

The front door was wide open. The first person I saw at the entrance was Ashley holding a large oval-shaped tray with red Jell-O shots.

"O.M.G ! I love your costumes!" Ashley put down the tray and took me into her arms hugging me tightly. "Let me guess, let me guess... Bonnie and Clyde?"

"Ding, ding, ding. " James shouted. The music was blaring inside the house.

"You have the bob haircut and guns, the total outfit. I totally love it. Come in, everyone is here." She hooked her arm with mine. She took us... well me on a tour. James already knew his way around the house. We maneuvered our way through the party guests. She showed where the bathroom, kitchen and where the food was at, and the dance floor which was the living room. All the furniture was set to the side.

I couldn't really take anything in because of all the people and the decorations blocking the house.

While I was getting a tour of the house, James distracted himself making his way towards Marcus and Ryan.

"Let me guess who you are? Sandy from Grease?" I asked.

"And Marcus? Is he dressed up as Danny Zuko?" She turns her head towards the guys blowing a kiss to Marcus and he catches it placing it to his heart. Aw. "Excuse me Alice but there are more people coming and I am in charge of greeting them. Get yourself comfortable, get a drink of something in the kitchen." Ashley left me by the entrance of the kitchen.

I entered the kitchen and fetched something to drink. There was a variety of alcoholic drinks and some non-alcoholic drinks. I remember before leaving the house, James and I played Rock Paper Scissors for who was going to be the DD designated driver. I, sadly, lost so this means James could drink while I stayed sober. But it's fine, I don't mind.