Chapter 34: I Should Have Seen it Coming

Enjoy :)

*****

I was being held hostage

"James I have to go," I pleaded as James kept me captive in his arms. "I will be back in about an hour." I reached over for my car keys. I was just steps away from my car.

"Stay here. You can redecorate this house. As many times as you want. I don't care if each room was different" His kissed the nook of my neck sending tingles down my spine. As much as I would like to redecorate each room differently, that would have been a chaotic mess.

I laughed, "you have used that line too many times James. I think you are reaching the limit." I held my smile. I put my hands on the sides of his face and looked into his eyes before planting a kiss on his nose, "I promise I will be right back after."

"I will use it as many times as I want as long as you stay here with me." He said as he cornered me pushing me to the wall. This position was my new favorite.

I tried hard to not roll my eyes at him.

"I am meeting with Adam and I am going to tell him that you and I are officially going to be together." As the words slipped out he slowly released me.

"Fine." He sat on a stool. I walked towards him as I stood in between his legs. I lean down and kiss his cheek.

"I will see you later."

For the last six weeks that I have been helping James recover from his injuries Adam had been texting me to ask for another date. I felt bad because I always replied to him that I was busy or something came up. I was a horrible person. I have been leaving him on the hang because I have been spending all my days and nights with James now that we are officially together.

Now that James can handle himself for a while by himself I finally managed to reply to Adam but not for a date but to put the last tiny touches for his place. I was going to have to do this thing that people most dread when they liked someone. The words someone does not want to hear when being in a relationship. The words we need to talk, the big boom.

It was noon when I made my way to Adam's apartment. I sat in my car for a while before I called Adam. He quickly picked up the phone after the first ring. I told him that I was round his area and wanted to take some items to his place. He said that he was home and just to walk in.

I opened the door and made my way inside. Adam was in the kitchen fixing himself a cold drink. It was lemonade.

"Hey you....." He smiled as he walked over, giving me a short side hug.

"Hi Adam." I gave him a small smile.

How was he going to react? When I tell him the news?

"How are you?" He asked. He brought the rim of the glass up to his lips taking in a swig out of it.