Chapter 12: 1...2...3...

I am dedicating this chapter to BlackyyCM who read all chapters in basically in one sitting. I am so happy to see the you enjoyed my story and keep on reading and voting.

.......................................................................................

Part 1

Wedding Day

5:00 a.m

I kept staring at the ceiling and when I finally felt like I was able to fall asleep I was tossing and turning in my bed. The whole wedding and finally saying I do to James and making official was making me nervous. I reached over to the side table and grabbed my phone. I fell back under my blanket. The brightness of the phone blinded me. I lowered the brightness and waited for my eyes to adjust.

Are you serious it was five in the morning?

So much for some sleep!

It was the day. The day that I have been dreading for the past three months. I still had another couple hours to sleep. I need my beauty sleep as my mother explained to me last night before tucking me in bed like a child. She asked me before leaving my room to read me a bedtime story. She hadn't done that since I was nine. I let her read me the story. I did enjoy it and it made me feel like I was a child again. Rethinking about last night with my mom made me smile.

Since I couldn't sleep, I might as well get up and do something. I changed into a grey knitted sweater and jeans. Slipping into my bark black knee high boots and head downstairs. The house was mostly silent other than my dad's snoring off in the distance. I didn't want to wake anyone up, let them have some peace before the madness that awaits us today. I had the great idea of taking a walk by myself and having time to myself. It wouldn't be a long walk. I would probably be home when they woke up. I debated if I should leave a note but I didnt after all.

The whole wedding planning and going to all of these appointments and shopping I really haven't had any time for myself. There was someone in my face talking about the wedding planning and all the details. It got a little overwhelming. I walked to the front door and welcomed the morning. I tucked my phone into my pocket and out the door I went. I didn't know where to walk to but I kept on walking. The skies were beautiful that morning as the dark blue sky was dissipating as the yellow and orange sunrise was being welcomed. But looks are deceiving. It looked beautiful outside thinking it might be warm out here but it is chilly. I could see my own breath. I saw other people out for their morning walks with their dogs. Many that passed by me wished me a Happy New Year.

I forgot where I was going and I found myself at Main St. Café & Pastry entrance. I haven't been here ever since I broke the news to my friends.

"Hi. Good morning. Welcome to Main St. Café & Pastry, what would you like to order?" A very happy waitress says as she greets me at the counter as she puts on her pink apron. A tad bit too happy for the morning. She probably already had several cups of coffee. Her short blond hair up in a braided bun with a baby pink colored bow in the back of her bun. 

"Hi," I smiled at her, "can I have... a hot cappuccino and a banana nut muffin. Please."

"Sure thing..." she paused and turned around, " uhm hey can I ask you something if you don't mind?" She tilted her head to the side.

"Yeah sure. What is it?"

"Um, are you getting married to James Jamerson today?"

How can she possibly know about the wedding? I don't think my parents know her or the Jamersons. But I could be wrong.