Chapter 17: Payback

Alice

The honeymoon was almost over. I am not excited that I am leaving this place but I am excited to see my friends and family back home. I was laying on the bed warm and comfortable.the sun was just about to rise. I slipped out and pulled over a sweater and took a blanket with me. I walked out to the balcony and sat in a chair. I slipped my hands in my pockets and found sunglasses and slid them on top of my head. The streets had a couple of people making it into the city. The sky was blue with no clouds in sight. It was a beautiful start to the day. I could get used to this. All I needed right now was a cup of coffee and a croissant. Soon enough the balcony door creaked open behind me. I loudly signed. I put on my sunglasses over my eyes not wanting to see James's face. After last night and how much of a dick he sounded I didn't want to talk to him at all.

"Breakfast for Mademoiselle?" He tried to say it in a French accent while carrying an assortments of breakfast items. I didn't say anything to him. I know it is a little childish giving him the silent treatment but I do not deserve what happened yesterday. I stayed quiet for a minute before he started the conversation again. "I know I was a dickhead from the beginning of this trip and what I said yesterday. I am sorry. It's that it just hit me that actually I got married to you. I have needs okay." He walked over to the table setting the content on the table. He closed his jacket and sat across from me.

"You don't say." I replied with sarcasm.

"So to make it up to you I got us these." He handed me a black envelope. "My mom told me you like to go to these kinds of things." I opened the envelope and it was two tickets for the ballet.

Romeo and Juliet.

I was mad but I couldn't be mad at him for a long time. The tickets were brownie points to getting me back to happy.

"I really do like to go to these things." I looked over the tickets. "Thank you." I saw that the play was tonight. "You know we have to go formal. We didn't bring anything to wear that is formal."

"Well I guess that means we have to go shopping." He smiled. I guess I can forgive him. "So lets eat and get ready."

I ate a chocolate filled croissant and coffee

I ate a chocolate filled croissant and coffee. We went to several stores but nothing really is to our liking. We finally found a small boutique that had the perfect clothes for the ballet.

I tried on several dresses before I picked out the perfect dress. I wanted to keep it a secret. Once I picked out my dress I waited. I sat on a chair near the men's dressing room while James tried on a couple of suits in different styles and colors. As I waited looking at the ties next to me I was second guessing my dress. Off to the corner of my eye I saw a black dress. I asked the saleswoman if they had it in my size and they did. I went back to the dressing room and tried on the dress. Just as I zipped up the dress James came out to show his suit.

"Come out I want to see you." He said I saw him through the smallest opening of the cuitain. He was standing in front of a large mirror inspecting the suit he has on. I slid the curtain to the side and came out in a simple black knee length deep v- neckline dress. It curves the right body parts. It is sexy but not showing too much skin.