Chapter 27: How Did I Get Here

New chapter:) Enjoy!

*****

My head was pounding. It felt as if a toy monkey with cymbals was clashing my head.

BOOM!

BOOM!

BOOM!

The cymbals were thumping over and over on the sides of my head.

I could just die right now.

My body ached all over. Why was everything hurting? The hike from yesterday wasn't too bad. Then I remembered the cut I got when I fell. I probably reopened it.

My alarm on my phone kept on ringing. I hovered my hand all over my bed trying to shut off the alarm but I couldn't find it. It's under my bed. I patted the floor and touched the screen, finally stopping my alarm. I laid back on the bed and ran my hand down my face. I started off at the ceiling until my second alarm went off. This time I grabbed my phone. I glanced at the screen it said in bright whilte letter Monday. It was Monday! I double checked my phone if it was Monday.

Fuck my life.

One of the worst decisions that I had made last night was playing that game and drinking so much. But I didn't regret what we did. The way his hands felt on my skin, the way he kissed me, how he cassered me. I shook my head. I had to get those thoughts out. I couldn't think about what happened.

I sat up on the bed and looked at myself. I was in my bra and panties. First question of the day. How did I get to my room? I vaguely remembered me stopping James and cleaning up the game but after that everything else was a blur.

How many shots did I take in total? I don't know if I took six or seven shots. The vodka did a number on me. I slid off my bed and I hit the shower. I need to wake up and get rid of the alcoholic stench off my body.

I blindly changed into anything really. Shit, I didn't want to think about wearing a nice outfit for work. I just threw on whatever was in sight and prayed it looked good. I grabbed simple black jeans, dark blue shirt, dark copper color knitted sweater, and matching black ankle booties to pull the outfit all together. A little bit of mascara lipstick in a natural brown eyeshadow with a hint of r shimmer to it. It gave me some color to my skin, not making me look so dead and tired. I patted a small amount of concealer under my eyes to cover up the tiredness. I left my hair to air dry and when it was, I would make some time to braid it when I arrived at the office.

When I got to my car the sun was shining bright down on us as if nothing happened. I slid on my sunglasses adding some protection to my eyes. I made my way to the road. I cautiously drove to work. I saw that several of the streets are blocked by trees that look like they have been ripped off of the ground. When those warnings last night were not kidding that this was going to end badly in my area. Many firefighters were dressed in their bright yellow rain coats and were on the scene slowly cutting the tree into pieces that could be carried onto a truck. A lot of debris of tree broken branches and leaves scattered all over the wet roads.

When I arrived at the office building, the pounding in my head wouldn't stop. I waited, and waited, and waited in my car. I was probably in my car for about ten minutes just massaging my temples.

I knew that this day was going to be long and draining. I could have called out but I had the meeting in the afternoon with Adam.

Suck it up Alice.

You shouldn't have taken so many shots.

Now you have to deal with the consequences.