Chapter 6: What Kind of Girl Do You Think I am?

During the time of my mini vacation James and I rarely saw each other in the house. The house felt pretty lonely all by myself, well with the company of Max when I would let him in the house. I was in the living room with my laptop online shopping because that is what I do best. The doorbell startled me as I was zoned on the shopping. Max barked a couple of times and pranced to the front door. I shushed him to be quiet. Who can it be? No one had called telling me that they were going to come by. Opened the iron glass door it is James's mom and another person, a younger girl who hid behind her.

 Opened the iron glass door it is James's mom and another person, a younger girl who hid behind her

"Hi Rose. What a surprise to see you." I opened the door wider as I let the two in the house.

"Hi Sweetie. How are you?" She greeted me with a hug. "I want you to meet a special person in the Jamerson family."

Rose reached behind her and brought toward a petite, porcelain skin, with of course their crystal green eyes that all the Jamersons' have. She has light sprinkled freckles across her face. She has blond hair just like Rose. Her facial features are just like someone who has down syndrome.

"This is Jasmine, the baby of the family." Of course another J name. Jasmine doesn't look up to me. She went back and hid behind Rose. I waited a few moments for her to see me and got a sense of who I amI introduced myself first.

"Hi Jasmine. I am Alice. It's really nice to meet you." I peeked down to see her face. She finally looks up and greets me.

"Hello Alice," she automatically gives me a big hug. "Where is James?" She looked up at me. Aren't we all wondering where he is?

"Oh James is still at work but he should be here shortly." I lied.

She skips over into the living room sitting herself on the sofa playing with the playful Max.

"Alice. We didn't know how you would react meeting Jasmine all at the same time in getting engaged, wedding plans and moving in. It can be a lot to absorb all at once. You can obviously see that she is very special and is special in James's heart."

" I can understand. Some people act differently with people who have down syndrome." I gave her a reassuring smile.

"Oh Alice. You are such a wonderful girl. I know for sure that you are the right girl for my boy. Well... Jasmine and I came by because she has been wanting to meet you and I waited till the right time. I have to pick up my in-laws and she is no fun for a drive to the airport. She didn't want to stay at a friend's house so she asked to meet you and if she can stay here for a while until my husband is out which is not long. He will be here shortly before 6 p.m. Well if it is alright with you?" Rose looked over to Jasmine.

"Yes of course. Maybe we can paint our nails for the time being. Can she paint her nails?" I asked.

"Yes it is fine. Thank you by the way." She walked over to Jasmine, gave her a hug and a small peck on the check. "Thank you again."