Epilogue

15 years later...

*****

Adding the last coat of mascara I turned around to look at my jellybean

Adding the last coat of mascara I turned around to look at my jellybean. She watched me closely as I tossed my hair over my shoulder.

"So Jemma that is how your father and I met and We Said 'I Do' to an arranged marriage." I faced her. She was playing with the tulle of her dress. She stopped when her eyes met mine. My jellybean had the same colored eyes as James. "And the reason why I am telling you this is because you are getting closer to the age when I was arranged and your father and I were wondering if you are interested." Her head was tilted to the side as she was a confused puppy. "I don't need an answer now but it's something to consider for the near future."

"This is unbelievable mom. An arranged marriage. You and Dad. This sounds like a book to me."

"Yes I know. My parents never told me about the people in the family being arranged and your dad and I want to come clean to you. Eventually when your brothers Johnny and Justin would get to that age as well they would know about the arrangement. We will just keep it between us for now and of course the people who are in the room." I held her hand.

"It's a lot to think about mom, we will have to wait and see. Mom it is the twenty-first century, people still do arranged marriages. I know some parts of the world do arranged marriages but this doesn't happen here." She lifted herself up, walking to the vanity grabbing a clear lip gloss.

"Believe me my jellybean, I had the same thought when I heard about my arrangement."

I didn't want to be like my pushy mom but I hoped that she would say yes

I didn't want to be like my pushy mom but I hoped that she would say yes. I didn't believe my family but this arranged marriage stuff does work. I would love for her to continue the tradition but I will back her up no matter what choice she would decide on. If she wants to find love on her own I will respect her decision. I wasn't going to force my children to make a big commitment like marriage.

"You still have time to think. I am not forcing you to be arranged, just give it thought. If you fall in love with someone great but if you want to take a chance your dad and I will set you up."