27 - "What The Fuck Are You Trying To Say?"

Isabella's POV

"Move away from the door because I'm coming inside." Austin let me know as I slid myself towards the wall and away from the door. He unlocked the door letting himself inside the guest room before shutting it behind him. 

"Gattina. . ." Austin quietly called out, taking slow, small footsteps towards me. All I could think about right now was back to the night of my thirteenth birthday. . . the day I lost myself once and for all. . .

Running the palm of my hand down the sides of my dress I smiled into the mirror. Mom and dad were downstairs waiting for me to make my entrance down the decorated staircase where they both would take endless pictures of me. It was the same protocol every year. 

Hearing my mom call out my name I checked myself one last time before opening the door of my bedroom and making my way down. I stopped on multiple steps to snap a few pictures with both of my parents. Well one at a time since obviously there wasn't anyone else here to take the picture. When I reached the bottom step I was swung upwards into my dad's firm grip as he whispered how much he loved me, and how proud he was of me. I merely smiled and hugged him tightly back not bothering to say anything back. 

My mom wiped a tear that ran down her cheek opening up her arms for a hug from me as I gave her a small grin, jumping into her arms. We swayed slightly as she kissed my forehead letting me know how grown-up I looked, and she loved me very much. 

The three of us walked to the table where my mom had prepared some special birthday food as she liked to call it for me and in the middle there was my three tier cake. My mom was a part-time baker on the side and her and my dad owned some sort of conjoined business that they didn't really like talking about. Me being the good kid I was, didn't try to meddle in it at all, I didn't wanna upset my parents. 

My mom lit up the candles on my cake as my dad snapped a couple of pictures, after all I only turned thirteen once. After taking one last picture he smiled letting me know I could go on, before I blew out the candles they stopped me.

"esprimere un desiderio bambina." They urged making me still for a moment or two as I thought of a wish to make; I wish for eternal happiness, I thought blowing out the candles as the door bell rung.

Make a wish baby

My parents exchanged weird glances between each other as I stared at the both of them in confusion. What was going on? We never had anyone over on my birthday? In fact we never really had anyone over our house matter of fact.

"Andate a verdere chi e alla porta Harold." My mom said nodding her head towards the door as my dad nodded furrowing his eyebrows.

Go and see who is at the door Harold.

Hearing the door open I perked my ears trying to listen as to what was going on. Finally hearing a voice I tried to think back to everyone who's ever been inside and match the voice with theirs, but I didn't have any luck. Who ever was at the door was definitely someone I didn't know.