49 [EPILOGUE] - "May God Bless Us All!"

Narrator's POV

"And then when your mommy turned around she saw me for the first time and how good I looked, she told me she wanted my dick- wait shit I wasn't supposed to say that. . . -I wasn't supposed to say that either! Don't repeat any of this to your mommy got it?" Austin whispered to the little ones that were seated on the floor in a criss-cross-applesauce way. 

"Austin that story you're telling them better be PG!" Isabella called out from the kitchen preparing last minute thanksgiving cupcakes. All of their family and friends were coming over today for thanksgiving dinner any minute now.

"Daddy what's dick?" Bella asked curiously, now six years old, as Austin clamped his hand over her mouth just as Isabella walked out of the kitchen giving Austin a pointed look with her hands resting on her hips. Austin gave her a sheepish smile.

"Bella what did daddy just tell you?" Isabella asked Bella who mumbled out an answer from under Austin's hand. 

"Daddy said you wanted his- I forgot the word. . ." Lia spoke up, then went silent and covered her mouth as giggles erupted from under her hand as she noticed Austin squinting his eyes her way and shaking his head. 

"Dick!" Jason squealed clapping his hands together who had just turned five a couple of days ago. Austin burst out laughing as Isabella gasped turning around to look at Austin. 

"Austin! You're horrible! Don't teach them that!" Isabella scolded pulling Austin up to his feet as he chuckled some more and told her it's not like they knew what he was saying. 

"Your promised you wouldn't act like a child and teach them bad things!" Isabella reminded going back into the kitchen as Austin trailed after her telling her how it slipped out. 

"Austin seriously, you're being horrible to them, they're gonna learn these things from you, and it's honestly not right! Parents are supposed to be role models for their children. Behave how you want them to behave." Isabella sighed covering her face with her hands, making Austin grab her hands off of her face knowing exactly what this was about. Usually she could take a joke like this one, but since her parents were coming over this thanksgiving she was acting extra about everything. 

"Would you relax, we're good parents. It was just a little joke. Our kids are not going to turn into crazy people when they grow older. Look at Dean, he's 14 now, damn good kid, gets good grades and he's respectful. We did a good job." Austin reasoned, intertwining his fingers with Isabella's as she leaned over putting her head on Austin's chest taking a few deep breaths and calming her nerves. 

"Tutto andrà bene gattina." Austin whispered kissing Isabella's forehead lovingly. 

Everything will be fine kitten. 

"You haven't called me that in a long time." Isabella softly said wrapping her arms around Austin. "I'm scared" She admitted making Austin nod knowingly.

"I know bambina. It's going to be fine. You saw them at the hospital when Jason was born. They've supported you through all of our kids, they're not going to stop just because your cooking sucks." Austin joked trying to lighten the mood.